So, how do you feel about something like this...?

S

smileynev

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/06/02/marshmallow.death.ap/index.html

Without knowing more about the game they were playing and whether it was encouraged by the teacher or not its hard for me to say whether I think they should have sued or not. I'm not quite sure what 2 million dollars will do for them, although I can only assume that it means the school district will be forced to hire less qualified teachers in the future.

"This case was never about money,"

So, why take the money from the school? Of course it's about the money, if it wasn't about the money, rather than filing a multi-million dollar lawsuit and taking the money, the parents would petition schools for the implementation of some sort of guideline to make classrooms safer.

This is fucking Glenview, in Glenview you're either a money hungry Jew or a dirt poor hispanic. (I work in Glenview)

I hate when people say, "It isn't about the money" when it clearly is.

Wow...so they did it in a school instead of somewhere else.
It has to be the school's fault.

Why can't parents just own up to the fact that kids do stupid things even in controlled environments. Christ...it's getting to the point where if a kid falls down and scrapes their knee, parent's hold the school liable for it.
I swear to god, when I have kids, and I'm hanging around other kid's parents and the parents do something like that, I will smack the crap out of them.

That's kinda why I prefer living in the south, at least we're honest about the fact that we do stupid shit.
Not to say that this crap doesn't happen, but I don't hear about many cases where a parent sues a school for their kids dumbass actions.

FUCKING WHINEY BITCHES.

This post brought to you by the Future Understanding for Child Keepers, Association.

zengirl said:
So, why take the money from the school? Of course it's about the money, if it wasn't about the money, rather than filing a multi-million dollar lawsuit and taking the money, the parents would petition schools for the implementation of some sort of guideline to make classrooms safer.

This is fucking Glenview, in Glenview you're either a money hungry Jew or a dirt poor hispanic. (I work in Glenview)

I hate when people say, "It isn't about the money" when it clearly is.

True. If it wasn't about the money, they would donate it back to the school or to some nonprofit that promotes school reform.

Had the teacher been stuffing marshmellows down the girl's throat I could understand the lawsuit, but how is it the school's/teacher's fault?

sounds like the school needs to switch to something more choke proof
logo.jpg