So, here's something you don't see everyday

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
Marklar
₥0
I've got a recordable laserdisc sitting at my desk. Damn thing uses glass platters. The disc left in the player has been there for about 10 years and has about 10 years worth of grime on it. What kind of weird exotic stuff have people left at your desk for you?

April23 said:
Laserdisc? Those things that were cool for a week that have cd looking things the size of your prostate?
Actually, laserdisc was viable from the mid-late 80's till about the time DVD came out.

theacoustician said:
Actually, laserdisc was viable from the mid-late 80's till about the time DVD came out.

The only time I remember seeing one was in my biology class in 6th or 7th grade. Other then that, I didn't think they were all that big of a deal. Kind of like mini-discs. :fly:

hell, i had a laserdisc player when i was younger. it had a module that would plug directly into it to allow me to play sega gensis games. the laserdisc tray could play sega cd, mega ld etc. games when the module was plugged in too.

theacoustician said:
hell, i had a laserdisc player when i was younger. it had a module that would plug directly into it to allow me to play sega gensis games. the laserdisc tray could play sega cd, mega ld etc. games when the module was plugged in too.

I remember those things. Kinda expensive. We had a few laserdisc players in Middle School. And I remember them having a rental section at one of the local video stores.

I had a laserdisc player up until and after I got my dvd player...... it was the only way I could enjoy a decent looking version of Star Wars for a while, not to mention Citizen Kane and Bladerunner........ miss my laserdisc player :(

theacoustician said:
WTF

I had Sega-CD, what a waste of money that was.

BigDov said:
I had a laserdisc player up until and after I got my dvd player...... it was the only way I could enjoy a decent looking version of Star Wars for a while, not to mention Citizen Kane and Bladerunner........ miss my laserdisc player :(
LOL ROSEBUD

i have a game console from the seventies that has game like pong, tennis, and soccor using only lines, the controls was just a knob that you turned to move the sprite, it was cute..