Food So Has Anyone Brewed Beer Before?

It's funny I've been to all of those tap rooms in the photos in that link you posted.

There's one pretty close to where I'm working at now called Austin Beerworks, on the edge of a little commercial/business park type area. Place always had good crowds during lunch and after work, etc. Still a couple people manning the place to fill takeout orders, etc. but their traffic can't be 10% of what it was a few weeks ago.

Maybe should've stopped in and tried their beers while I still could lol, most likely be done here and off working somewhere else by the time they open again. If they open again.

Been to the Copper Tank a few times way back when before tap rooms/brew pubs were really a thing here. They were on expensive downtown property and went bankrupt. Though I think it's one of the original guys from there that started North by Northwest.

There's one pretty close to where I'm working at now called Austin Beerworks, on the edge of a little commercial/business park type area. Place always had good crowds during lunch and after work, etc. Still a couple people manning the place to fill takeout orders, etc. but their traffic can't be 10% of what it was a few weeks ago.

Maybe should've stopped in and tried their beers while I still could lol, most likely be done here and off working somewhere else by the time they open again. If they open again.

Been to the Copper Tank a few times way back when before tap rooms/brew pubs were really a thing here. They were on expensive downtown property and went bankrupt. Though I think it's one of the original guys from there that started North by Northwest.
Been to both many times. Beerworks has a great outside area and nice open inside. Only thing I don't like is the big family style tables inside. The Copper Tank is ok I just don't like their beer. Adelbert is down there as well but that place is so small and the people there are aholes. And the big Oskar Blues as well. Which is nice because they have a good stage for music.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Gotcha. Yeah, the shitty breweries around here were already starting to collapse. Now hopefully we can get some good gear cheap!
My one buddy who has the brewery in Boulder did that. A BJs went out ouf business and they bought the entire property with all of the equipment.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Been to both many times. Beerworks has a great outside area and nice open inside. Only thing I don't like is the big family style tables inside. The Copper Tank is ok I just don't like their beer. Adelbert is down there as well but that place is so small and the people there are aholes. And the big Oskar Blues as well. Which is nice because they have a good stage for music.

Copper Tank went bankrupt and sold their stuff like 10-15 years ago. It's an "events center" now.
Or maybe they have some faux copper tanks for decoration.
Or maybe there's a new "copper tank".

I should feel ashamed that you know more about the beer scene in my town than I do but I don't.

Copper Tank went bankrupt and sold their stuff like 10-15 years ago. It's an "events center" now.
Or maybe they have some faux copper tanks for decoration.
Or maybe there's a new "copper tank".

I should feel ashamed that you know more about the beer scene in my town than I do but I don't.
I thought you meant the one that has the big copper tank as the bar. You can see it in the photo on that article. It's called Celis if I remember.

I thought you meant the one that has the big copper tank as the bar. You can see it in the photo on that article. It's called Celis if I remember.

'The Copper Tank" was our first what you would call a brew pub or tap room back in the 90's. They folded in 2005.

If not the first one at least the first popular/successful one.

Celis brewery is another one that was around back then. Also folded. Maybe there's a new Celis I don't know about? Entirely likely.

Maybe some of that stuff was before it's time, idk.

We played a couple gigs at the old (90s) Celis brewery. Was again in a commercial/industrial area on the northeast side of town. Had weird stuff like raspberry beer that didn't go over well then but seems like the type of stuff that would go over well now.

Maybe everything changed and it's me who's behind the times now, lol.

I fully understand that the number of the year is 2020 and people who were born back then are adults now but it still seems like then was last month or something sometimes.

There's a real time orb type thing, it's not just the stuff of fantasy.

'The Copper Tank" was our first what you would call a brew pub or tap room back in the 90's. They folded in 2005.

If not the first one at least the first popular/successful one.

Celis brewery is another one that was around back then. Also folded. Maybe there's a new Celis I don't know about? Entirely likely.

Maybe some of that stuff was before it's time, idk.

We played a couple gigs at the old (90s) Celis brewery. Was again in a commercial/industrial area on the northeast side of town. Had weird stuff like raspberry beer that didn't go over well then but seems like the type of stuff that would go over well now.

Maybe everything changed and it's me who's behind the times now, lol.

New place, new location, run by old man Celis' daughter and granddaughter. Original was sold in 2000.

HEY! @gee brews too!

AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT.

:mad:
Cider is still sitting, waiting for CO2 to become available.

Nobody's doing tank swaps right now and the local fire extinguisher company that I always use for CO2 fills isn't doing walk-in or drop-off customers anymore. FAK U COVID.

I'm not really sure why you think you're doing something renegade revolutionary, but I do wish you luck.
Thing is, it's got a super light flavor on it right now, and it's really clear. I don't want to fuck with it, I just want to pound CO2 in it so I end up with something that's super light and fizzy and easy to drink that I can pass around this summer.

If I prime and bottle carbonate it, I fear I'll kick up the yeast and alter the flavor. Plus I don't have bottles, just a couple of corny kegs.

I'm not being a rebel, I just enjoy making dumb shit like this and I've got a specific goal in mind.