Food So Has Anyone Brewed Beer Before?

It probably won't affect sales much, considering their demographic is mainly whites. I know 2 people who work there. Yeah, white as Wonder Bread. But very LBGQT friendly. IF you're white.
I dunno, I find racism to be disgusting and won't be buying anymore beer from them. I'm actually not alone, because I found this shit out from another beer dude's Instagram. Craft beer people are a fickle bunch.

Maybe it's enough to affect their bottom line. Maybe it isn't. I don't care, I still get to vote with my own dollars.

I dunno, I find racism to be disgusting and won't be buying anymore beer from them. I'm actually not alone, because I found this shit out from another beer dude's Instagram. Craft beer people are a fickle bunch.

Maybe it's enough to affect their bottom line. Maybe it isn't. I don't care, I still get to vote with my own dollars.
I hear you man. That's good. And maybe more people will take pause at that than I think. Is Founders really a "beer dudes beer" - I just think of it as some mass produced stuff that is neat but now kind of mainstream. We get a lot of it at some family GTG. One cousin(wife's) is a female who is pictured on one of their varieties.

I hear you man. That's good. And maybe more people will take pause at that than I think. Is Founders really a "beer dudes beer" - I just think of it as some mass produced stuff that is neat but now kind of mainstream. We get a lot of it at some family GTG. One cousin(wife's) is a female who is pictured on one of their varieties.
They're still a craft brewery that makes some FANTASTIC 'small' batch beers. And while KBS and CBS don't have the allure they once did, they're still sought after beers at release.

Have you read that transcript? What even is going on there?
Founder's defense of that transcript was that the person was under oath in a legal proceeding and needed to answer questions very carefully. Whatever, fucking atrocious.

Founders has had to pull out of a giant beerfest in Detroit. And they have now closed their tap room in Detroit for an undetermined time. And retailers are also starting to remove their products. Thankfully, this appears to be spiraling.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
I like beer.

That being said, the brewery is obviously a glimpse into what is still going on, was trying to lay low and go unnoticed until we elected a person of color and that somehow poked the bear and breathed new air into its racist lungs. Just wait until a woman is elected and a bunch of people rebound into Handmaids Tale mode.

Beer is yummy.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum and APRIL
Apparently earlier this year, they hired a diversity and culture officer. That person has since quit and put out a statement basically saying that "all they want to do is win the lawsuit. Nothing else matters."

This is bad. Turns out the Washington Post article was factual!

Apparently earlier this year, they hired a diversity and culture officer. That person has since quit and put out a statement basically saying that "all they want to do is win the lawsuit. Nothing else matters."

This is bad. Turns out the Washington Post article was factual!
A healthy craft beer scene is basically the only thing recommending Albuquerque to anyone, so I have very little visibility on the issue beyond the local issues I deal with (in that the craft breweries and taprooms around town pay precisely dick to live entertainment, and seem to be in cahoots about it).

As such, I'm impressed that the issue is being raised above and beyond the locality it happened in.

How much beer can a brewery produce before it is no longer "craft"?

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
A healthy craft beer scene is basically the only thing recommending Albuquerque to anyone, so I have very little visibility on the issue beyond the local issues I deal with (in that the craft breweries and taprooms around town pay precisely dick to live entertainment, and seem to be in cahoots about it).

As such, I'm impressed that the issue is being raised above and beyond the locality it happened in.

How much beer can a brewery produce before it is no longer "craft"?
Sam Adams lobbies the government every couple years to raise the 'craft brewery' barrel production limit to be above whatever they do. So it's some fucking insane amount.