Food So Has Anyone Brewed Beer Before?

Really enjoyed the American Pale that was our first all-grain batch. Ordered another ingredient set to make it again.

Got an oat porter that will go on a bunch of frozen cherries this weekend. Then it’ll get kegged after it’s absorbed some flavor.

Got ingredients for a California “common ale”.

Then, to qualify for free shipping, I threw some ingredients in the cart.

Viking 2 row Pale, golden promise malt, Galena, Green Bullet, and Calypso hops.

YOLO

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: fly and APRIL
Really enjoyed the American Pale that was our first all-grain batch. Ordered another ingredient set to make it again.

Got an oat porter that will go on a bunch of frozen cherries this weekend. Then it’ll get kegged after it’s absorbed some flavor.

Got ingredients for a California “common ale”.

Then, to qualify for free shipping, I threw some ingredients in the cart.

Viking 2 row Pale, golden promise malt, Galena, Green Bullet, and Calypso hops.

YOLO
You get some beard oil with that order, hipster?

First time using Brewers Friend.

Was only .003 off on the OG, had a 1/4 gallon more go into the fermentor than expected, and efficiency was 69%.

I think my grain absorption rate was less than expected.

Not using BF and just using a simple BIAB calculator always left us a 1/2 gallon short of expected.

So we're making progress :p

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
First time using Brewers Friend.

Was only .003 off on the OG, had a 1/4 gallon more go into the fermentor than expected, and efficiency was 69%.

I think my grain absorption rate was less than expected.

Not using BF and just using a simple BIAB calculator always left us a 1/2 gallon short of expected.

So we're making progress :p
BF is fucking awesome. Have you measured all your gear yet? Boil loss rate, mash loss, and kettle loss? You can really dial it in once you do.

I would assume that's pretty good efficiency for BIAB. Nice!

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
BF is fucking awesome. Have you measured all your gear yet? Boil loss rate, mash loss, and kettle loss? You can really dial it in once you do.

I would assume that's pretty good efficiency for BIAB. Nice!

I've measured boil off specifically. As for kettle loss, I put in what everyone else says it is for our kettle, which is a pretty common MegaPot.

I'm pretty close on mash loss.

Efficiency is pretty average for BIAB. Should improve once I dial in the mash loss.

Some people go to crazy lengths during mash and get 80% or more.

Gonna get the Raspberry Pi I have all whacked up with Brewer's Friend today.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly