Food So Has Anyone Brewed Beer Before?

Cold crashing made a noticeable difference I think.

American Pale Ale. 4.7% ABV.

190930688IMG0016.jpg

• Love
Reactions: fly
Cold crashing made a noticeable difference I think.

American Pale Ale. 4.7% ABV.
Cold crashing does pretty well to clear it. But if you *really* care, use some gelatin. I tried it once while we were still bottling. It worked so well that half the bottles didn't carb.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
Cold crashing does pretty well to clear it. But if you *really* care, use some gelatin. I tried it once while we were still bottling. It worked so well that half the bottles didn't carb.

The kit came with a clearing tablet too, so that may have had something to do with it. :p

There was so little junk in the bottom of the bucket too, very pleased with the BIAB so far.

Next brew is an Oat Stout we're going to get some cherry flavor into some how. Prolly 5 pounds of frozen cherries in the bottom of a secondary fermentor.

• Love
Reactions: fly
The kit came with a clearing tablet too, so that may have had something to do with it. :p

There was so little junk in the bottom of the bucket too, very pleased with the BIAB so far.

Next brew is an Oat Stout we're going to get some cherry flavor into some how. Prolly 5 pounds of frozen cherries in the bottom of a secondary fermentor.
I just dealt with a fucking nightmare using real fruit. If you have to use fruit, order a sterile puree or use a fruit that you can at least blend and freeze. The abundance of simple sugars in fruit can also tend to dry out the beer. Also, have some cherry extract on hand, just in the case the fruit doesn't come through.

We ended up losing probably two gallons of beer because the fruit pieces kept getting stuck in the siphon. :(

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

edit: We've also used concentrates from these folks too.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138

Just use grenadine like a normal white girl if the beer is too bitter for you.

I just dealt with a fucking nightmare using real fruit. If you have to use fruit, order a sterile puree or use a fruit that you can at least blend and freeze. The abundance of simple sugars in fruit can also tend to dry out the beer. Also, have some cherry extract on hand, just in the case the fruit doesn't come through.

We ended up losing probably two gallons of beer because the fruit pieces kept getting stuck in the siphon. :(

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

edit: We've also used concentrates from these folks too.

Good to know.

The Homebrew store has flavor extracts for like $8 a bottle, probably worth the drive to get some.