Food So Has Anyone Brewed Beer Before?

APRIL

Feel Free to Pee on Me
Sep 30, 2004
Houston
Marklar
₥60,587
I'm a newbie and want to add the process to my food/beer blog. I was thinking of buying a kit off of Amazon... Like a starter kit, but it looks like most of the tools needed can be bought from Home Depot.

What are your experiences and will you join me in 4 to 6 weeks for the tasting?

• Gravy
  • Haha
Reactions: Jehannum and fly
Cletus has talked about it before, I think gee has as well.

So long as you don't use your own yeast, I'm down for a try.

Edit: check Jehannum's first thread, I think they most recently talked about it with him.

Last edited:
if you're going to brew your own beer, the general consensus from my beer brewing friends is that you do it for the experience. Not to produce an exceptional beer (because you wont), or to save money (because you wont).

I've been brewing for almost a decade now.

Start by reading John Palmer's book on the web for free, then I'd recommend anything by charlie papazian.

www.howtobrew.com

Star San is the best sanitizer IMHO, and you'll eventually want to upgrade to glass fermentation vessels.

vcznEJy.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
A good place to start:

SA: Home Brewing Thread III: Return of the Son of Home Brewing Thread

If you have any questions and don't have an account. I'll gladly post them for you.

:heart:
Grassy ass. Wow that site is annoying with the audio. :lol: I don't think I've ever had an account there. If I think of a complicated question, I may bother you. :p

I've been brewing for almost a decade now.

Start by reading John Palmer's book on the web for free, then I'd recommend anything by charlie papazian.

www.howtobrew.com

Star San is the best sanitizer IMHO, and you'll eventually want to upgrade to glass fermentation vessels.
Yeesss. I see all these plastic beer kits online and that seems like a bad idea imo based on what I know about cooking.

What's awesome is new belgium brewing company is now available here in Florida... I had a couple Fat Tires on friday to celebrate. So tasty.

nghhzAX.jpg

It only just now got there? How odd. Know why?

New Belgium didn't have the distribution or production capabilities to support Florida, or so I'm told. They recently aligned with Cigar City Brewing Company to make it happen.

Makes me happy. It was one of my most favorite beers in Colorado.

I'm a newbie and want to add the process to my food/beer blog. I was thinking of buying a kit off of Amazon... Like a starter kit, but it looks like most of the tools needed can be bought from Home Depot.

What are your experiences and will you join me in 4 to 6 weeks for the tasting?

say hello to your future.

no job + stay at home cat mom + home made beer =

women_pinching_belly.png