Food So Has Anyone Brewed Beer Before?

After a chat with some other like-minded assholes on discord, we've decided that a champagne bottle is best because you can safely pressurize those to "shit's gonna go everywhere" pressure. Throw in some soap too so it foams everywhere.

The big question is what to throw in there for the smell. Deer piss? fish sauce? dollar store perfume? some kind of hippie essential oil bullshit?
Cork and cage? How are you gonna seal it? IIRC, you'll have to use lower pressure if you're just going to cap it. I'm sure you've already looked into this part tho.

If you can use a brown bottle, I'd also suggest some of that bright orange dye.

• Love
Reactions: wetwillie
Cork and cage? How are you gonna seal it? IIRC, you'll have to use lower pressure if you're just going to cap it. I'm sure you've already looked into this part tho.

If you can use a brown bottle, I'd also suggest some of that bright orange dye.
Looks like I can buy cages online, but I've got a bottle of La Fin Du Monde I'll steal the cage off.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
@Valve1138 Do you use a Tilt and Brewers Friend? For the life of me, I can't get it to report to BF anymore. It's been 10 months since I used it, so who the fuck knows what I'm forgetting.

I do, but same boat, haven't used it in months.

What do you use in the middle to get it to report? I've got a Raspberry Pi 3 with the Tilt image on it.

Does your tilt connect to your phone ok?

I made a thread and emailed support. Hopefully they can get it fixed. In the meantime, at least I can check to see when we've hit FG. And then add some oreos and white chocolate!

I've got an idea for a cookie chocolate stout.

I'd love to brew my ass off, but who the fuck is going to drink it. :(

Gonna get into bottling. I have a Blichman Beer Gun.