Food So Has Anyone Brewed Beer Before?

Couple things.

I consistently get yeast increasing fermentation temps 10 degrees over ambient room temp, not ideal.

I want to lager.

I can cold crash without hauling a fermenter into the Kavaneezer, which will hopefully be full going forward anyways. Plus it's a PITA.

I can use whatever yeast I want or need to because I'll be able to dial in the right temp for it.
Ahhh... Do you not have a fermentation fridge? That's what we use and seems like much less work that going glycol, imho.

Also, if you care, I've stopped cold crashing altogether until it's in the keg. With all the giant sucking you get when the liquid cools down, I either end up with a dry airlock, or starsan from the blowoff container in the top of the beer. Neither are very good. So I just let it crash for a couple of days under pressure. That's more than enough time for the beer to clear. Pull off the first draft or two, and then it's clear as day. Or use a fining agent if you really care.

There *are* CO2 capture systems, but require me to swap shit out once active fermentation is done, which gives bugs another shot at coming in.

Ahhh... Do you not have a fermentation fridge? That's what we use and seems like much less work that going glycol, imho.

Also, if you care, I've stopped cold crashing altogether until it's in the keg. With all the giant sucking you get when the liquid cools down, I either end up with a dry airlock, or starsan from the blowoff container in the top of the beer. Neither are very good. So I just let it crash for a couple of days under pressure. That's more than enough time for the beer to clear. Pull off the first draft or two, and then it's clear as day. Or use a fining agent if you really care.

There *are* CO2 capture systems, but require me to swap shit out once active fermentation is done, which gives bugs another shot at coming in.

No. No fermentation fridge. And with this I can do up to 6 different temps.

Good notes on cold Crashing.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly