Food So Has Anyone Brewed Beer Before?

Do you guys get your ingredients online?

We have a quality brew supply store but it's 45 minutes away and I'm never out that way otherwise.

And Beersmith software?
I would not recommend online, especially for yeast. For one, Northern Brewer is now owned by Big Beer. And while dry yeasts might be okay, they're boring. All the good shit is liquid yeast, and you want that *very* fresh and kept cool.

And I use https://www.brewersfriend.com. Beersmith is great, but it's software with a UI created by a developer - so its fucking horrible. The newest version might be better (I actually bought it), but I haven't found a need to switch back.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
Measuring the boil off rate here at Heeb Brewing.

190407883IMG0490.jpg

Therminator works great, no leaks on any of the tubing.

And my pump-in-a-bucket drain works great. 5 Gallon bucket Neve got more than 1/3 full when I was trying out the Therminator.

I think there will be some beer brewed tomorrow.
Well, what beer?

And the Therminator is our best investment ever.

Well, what beer?

And the Therminator is our best investment ever.

I'm going to run a stout extract kit we have to just go through some of the process. When I fuck something up, it won't be a big deal.

Not sure what I'll do for my first all grain. I have to gap the grain mill properly too.

And yes, the Therminator, fuck ice baths.

Brewers Friend had a discount running so I signed up for the year.

I'm going to run a stout extract kit we have to just go through some of the process. When I fuck something up, it won't be a big deal.

Not sure what I'll do for my first all grain. I have to gap the grain mill properly too.

And yes, the Therminator, fuck ice baths.

Brewers Friend had a discount running so I signed up for the year.
Sadly, we still have to use an ice bath cause our water comes out of the tap at like 70F. Assuming you have well water, that won't be a problem. :lol:

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Sadly, we still have to use an ice bath cause our water comes out of the tap at like 70F. Assuming you have well water, that won't be a problem. :lol:

Yep, very happy filtered well water.

I was also thinking, if I needed to, I could use my chipped dutch oven as a cold water tub and park a cold plate in it, if I needed colder tap water.

Aquarium pumps work well too supposedly.

I was also thinking, if I needed to, I could use my chipped dutch oven as a cold water tub and park a cold plate in it, if I needed colder tap water.

If your tap water is corrosive enough to blow up copper pipes, you're probably gonna have a bad time with yeast.

We run the water through copper tubing in an insulated ice bath. With a bit of adjustment, it will come out a balmy ~70F.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138