Food So Has Anyone Brewed Beer Before?

190228228IMG0433.jpg

this is interesting. Whats the material there?

2x4 frame. 3/4" plywood for the endcap frame.

The white stuff is called FRP, or Fiberglass reinforced panel. Comes in 4x8 sheets. Costs $33.

It's commonly seen on commercial kitchen walls because it's waterproof and easily cleaned.

I used the "back" or smooth side for the inside of the hood so the water will collect int he channels on the bottom edge. I'll have to add a drain for it too.

One end will get a 6" inline 300CFM fan, and it's exhaust will get ducted outside.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
On the spigot: I know you're not there yet, but when you get to the point that you start concerning yourself with water profiles. FWIW, I resisted using distilled water for a long time. We do craft beer made locally, so I wanted to use local water. But it's just impossible to get water chemistry correct using ALL local water. So now depending on the style, we do about 50/50 between tap and distilled.

On the spigot: I know you're not there yet, but when you get to the point that you start concerning yourself with water profiles. FWIW, I resisted using distilled water for a long time. We do craft beer made locally, so I wanted to use local water. But it's just impossible to get water chemistry correct using ALL local water. So now depending on the style, we do about 50/50 between tap and distilled.

Yeah, I've been reading about that.

We're on good quality well water so I'll see how it goes with ph and such.

I bet @Mrs. Valve could help me build some sort of science smarty pants water distiller type thing.

I do a bit of metal plating and never use tap for that. ^If you soften your water then it is in slight flux as far as mineral content constantly. More sodium(or potassium if you use that) right after softener cycles/regenerates, little less as it nears time to regenerate. And that can be thrown off if someone runs water while it regenerates, as softeners bypass during that time and let unsoftened water into the pipes. You can tell the bypass isn't working right if you get up the next day and the water tastes salty AF.