Food So Has Anyone Brewed Beer Before?

beer tastes terrible for the most part.

As does all alcohol, but especially beer.

the only reason people tolerate it is cause of the effects.
I really enjoy the taste of a peaty scotch and a smoky whiskey.

I suppose it probably is acquired, but I genuinely enjoy it nonetheless.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
is the primary taste of alcohol bitter? I never placed it as such, but it would explain why i dont like it if it is.

I really enjoy the taste of a peaty scotch and a smoky whiskey.

I suppose it probably is acquired, but I genuinely enjoy it nonetheless.

but those are sub-flavors to the the flavor of ethanol right? Ethanol, no matter how little seems to overpower most other flavor elements.

but those are sub-flavors to the the flavor of ethanol right? Ethanol, no matter how little seems to overpower most other flavor elements.
I don't enjoy everclear (about as close to straight ethanol as you'll find), but I think it's a little strong to say it's the primary flavor profile of scotch or whiskey.

It may be that I've destroyed my ability to enjoy anything without a huge flavor profile with my constant intake of spicy food over the last 30 years, too.

Primary taste of alcohol is nothing.

You've never had a shot of vodka, so its understandable

this is correct. Ive had some beer and wine. No liquors.

I like spicy foods, so i doubt the "burn" would bother me. I just dont like the taste.

we have some high quality sipping rum from PR around, i dont think ive ever tried it, i should at least taste it before making broad dumbass statements.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
Yeah, no.
I was thinking about that statement and I probably wouldn't drink a chocolate salted caramel stout if it wasn't for the alcohol in it... mainly because I drink only zero calorie stuff and beer is the one thing I drink with calories because it has alcohol.

Otherwise, I probably wouldn't drink a non-alcoholic stout on the reg.

beer tastes terrible for the most part.

As does all alcohol, but especially beer.

the only reason people tolerate it is cause of the effects.
I drink beer because I enjoy the taste of (most) beer. There's a whole world of interesting flavors in beer land.

I haven't been properly drunk since, well, last christmas. Heading to newfoundland this christmas so I'll fix that for sure.

• Gravy
Reactions: Duke, fly and APRIL
I home brewed beer in the EIGHTIES , no memory of it though .
I think the pine paneling in the apartment i lived in off gassed more alcohol than the beer .