Food So Has Anyone Brewed Beer Before?

If you don't mind, can you post the recipe for how you made that?

When I'm moved into the house and I have my homebrew gear back together, I should celebrate by brewing something stupid like that :)
Absolutely!

These are the cookie pieces we used. While you *could* use whole oreos, all the oil in the filling is likely to create head retention issues. Finishing it with vanilla extract and marshmallow flavoring gives you the taste of the filling anyway.

Cool, thanks for the recipe.

You're using marshmallow flavoring and vanilla extract now, your recipe has a bar of white chocolate. Got an updated recipe with the new ingredients?

Also do those cookie pieces have filling on them or are they just the outer cookie bits?

Cool, thanks for the recipe.

You're using marshmallow flavoring and vanilla extract now, your recipe has a bar of white chocolate. Got an updated recipe with the new ingredients?

Also do those cookie pieces have filling on them or are they just the outer cookie bits?
Apologies, that was the base recipe I wrote, but I have a physical notes in a book that I use during and after. The cookie pieces are just that, no filling.

Adjustments:
* Skip the white chocolate
* In a 5 gallon batch, add 2 oz vanilla extract and 2 oz marshmallow extract

Here's the ones I use, but any will probably due:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Baker-s-Imitation-Vanilla-Flavor-8-fl-oz-Baking-Extracts/13448794 I know its imitation, but it won best vanilla from ATK a few years ago. Any nuances from real vanilla will be totally overpowered by this, so no need for the expensive stuff. You could also use whole beans, but its much easier to control when you're just adding vanillin.
These guys make great extracts.

Hell yeah. Thanks dude. Our new house has a kitchen fan that vents directly outdoors, I'll scale down the recipe to fit in my biggest stock pot and do the brew stovetop. I have a BIAB bag that I've used for a whole bunch of non-BIAB things, I'll finally get to use it for its intended purpose :)

As a general rule I use fake vanilla unless it's the dominant flavor in something. And it's not like oreo centers have real vanilla in them anyway.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Oh, and one more thing that's possibly obvious, but just in case... That is a FUCKTON of sugar for the yeast to eat. You likely won't be able to use a normal airlock and will instead want to use a giant blow off tube. Also, putting a few drops of Fermcap in your fermenter will help with the foam they will produce.

Excited to see how it turns out. :heart:

• Gravy
Reactions: gee
So I split up our Dick or Treat pumpkin ale up this year. 3 gallons got some additional caramel flavor added. And 2 gallons of it got 32oz of Makers Mark added to it, to bring it up to 10% ABV. I have no idea if it will even carbonate well. :lol: It's our first beer-bon!