So God is mocking me about dating.

Ryokurin said:
Tried the being a dick part, now she thinks im selfcentered. I even stuck with it when she pointed it out, just reinforced it. I dont get alot of chances. thats my biggest issue.
you get chances all the time, you just aren't taking advantage of them. The hot cashier in the cafe at work? Insult her. The chick at the gym? Tell her she looks great, but should spend more time toning her abs. Etc. Practice, practice, practice...

edit: And keep the dick thing up. In fact, if she mentioned it, its working. Tell her thanks.

Last edited:
fly said:
Exactly. Chicks crave attention. When you not only DONT give it to them, but give them the cold shoulder, you might as well be waving crack in front of Tyrone.

LOL BATEMAN

I don't think that is true in 'all' cases. I have heard this same remark from guys - basically 'player' guys.

I am the type that takes things literal - if I was given the cold shoulder I would take it that the person wasn't interested in me and ignore them and move on. I am also the type that doesn't like to much attention - thus another reason I wouldn't want to get married and be the center of attention.

But - are most girls really like that? I never really paid attention.

Ryokurin said:
Well, im saying that because just about everytime the subject comes up and I say I have no dateing experience thats when things go south because im seen as kind of weird. I know its nothing, but I feel like a straight up tard when people my age talk about their onenight stands or relationships and I have zilch.

Seriously - I didn't have my first offical date until I was 26. then he spent the night on the first date and didn't leave for 10 years :D Before 26 I was in a 10 year relationship. So I guess I'm weird too - because now I'm 37 and trying to figure out the dating thing ( and I'm not letting anyone spend the night on the first date :fly: )

gottoys? said:
I don't think that is true in 'all' cases. I have heard this same remark from guys - basically 'player' guys.

I am the type that takes things literal - if I was given the cold shoulder I would take it that the person wasn't interested in me and ignore them and move on. I am also the type that doesn't like to much attention - thus another reason I wouldn't want to get married and be the center of attention.

But - are most girls really like that? I never really paid attention.

I never thought it worked either, until my guy friends said... "hey watch this"

ChikkenNoodul said:
Yar, most women somehow get the 'desperate' signal if a guy pays attention to them long enough

Of course then after they get married they complain non-stop about how their guy doesn't pay them enough attention

You are a man of the truth.

April23 said:
I never thought it worked either, until my guy friends said... "hey watch this"

I can totally see it happening, but don't see how it could involve into a long term relationship. If that had happened to me, I might go after him just to prove I could get him, but after that, the fun would be over and I could move on.

kiwi said:
I can totally see it happening, but don't see how it could involve into a long term relationship. If that had happened to me, I might go after him just to prove I could get him, but after that, the fun would be over and I could move on.
In addition to you proving it's true... :p It's a dating evolution, if you will. You have to crawl before you can marry. Then you'll crawl away kicking and screaming...

there is no requirement to be an asshole to pick up chicks...I've never done it and never had a problem...I've always relied on self confidence and a good sense of humor mixed with some flirting...being able to make a chick laugh gets you 75% of the way there in my experience

why_ask_why said:
there is no requirement to be an asshole to pick up chicks...I've never done it and never had a problem...I've always relied on self confidence and a good sense of humor mixed with some flirting...being able to make a chick laugh gets you 75% of the way there in my experience

Agreed, I'm much more attracted to guys that can make me laugh than A$$ holes.

Man, reading this thread just makes me more and more happy that I'm married and don't have to play the stupid dating game anymore.

why_ask_why said:

So is that how clowns get into my pants so easily.. since childhood?

April23 said:
So is that how clowns get into my pants so easily.. since childhood?

can't sleep, clowns will eat me

:drool:

:fly:

why_ask_why said:

You got the right attitude :heart:. I am the type that would go after someone that made me laugh and have fun - NOT after someone who ignored me to play games (that's wierd I still want to know how that could work).

That's how I ended up with my first boyfriend of 10 years - he was Hilarious (and not super hot). But a great personality wins out over looks in the end.