So... FOUR DAYS YOU PEOPLE

That sucks. I never want to grow up.

I love buying gifts for Zac no matter the occasion.

We get each other gift/things throughout the year. But as we got older, we realized gifts on birthdays/christmas just aren't that important for us any more. So instead we just buy Emmett gifts on those occasions.

Duke-- maybe it's his excuse to not have to put forth the effort.

I'm so going to get hit over the head by him for that. :lol:

We get each other gift/things throughout the year. But as we got older, we realized gifts on birthdays/christmas just aren't that important for us any more. So instead we just buy Emmett gifts on those occasions.

We do that too. He got me a gift practically on his birthday. He saw something he knew I liked and gave it to me.

We even had a birthday brunch for him Sunday with a few people. We totally should have worn birthday hats and had a piñata. You would have loved it, old grown up man.

Duke-- maybe it's his excuse to not have to put forth the effort.

I'm so going to get hit over the head by him for that. :lol:

Nope, but it's a way of life that does really help when you just can't afford to buy presents at christmas time..

this.

i like doing gifts when i feel like it, not just when i'm obligated to. i don't even see the need in giving someone a card in person on their birthday. a good birthday is getting a call or email to let me know someone's thought about me. a good gift is an unexpected one. :)

Well that I can understand. Christmas is more for the kids anyways.

....and I'm not saying we exchange ridiculously expensive gifts like jewelry or whatev. It's those little thoughtful gifts that say, "hay you, I know what you like because I care" yadda yadda.

He bought me tea this weekend because I love it so much.

this.

i like doing gifts when i feel like it, not just when i'm obligated to. i don't even see the need in giving someone a card in person on their birthday. a good birthday is getting a call or email to let me know someone's thought about me. a good gift is an unexpected one. :)

I love cards. Hate phone calls. I keep every card I get and it's goofy, but periodically I like to read them to remember mushy or funny stuff. Cards always have something happy in them.

Well that I can understand. Christmas is more for the kids anyways.

....and I'm not saying we exchange ridiculously expensive gifts like jewelry or whatev. It's those little thoughtful gifts that say, "hay you, I know what you like because I care" yadda yadda.

He bought me tea this weekend because I love it so much.

shooooot, i took ja to the beach for a night for our 4 and a HALF year anniv..

I love cards. Hate phone calls. I keep every card I get and it's goofy, but periodically I like to read them to remember mushy or funny stuff. Cards always have something happy in them.

i love cards when you don't get to see someone. through snail mail. but if your SO comes home on your birthday and just hands you a card...i just don't get it. :iono: :fly:

this.

As far as I'm concerned, gifts should NEVER be expected - no matter the day. I appreciate April and others going to the effort of getting me gifts, because they certainly didn't have to.

As far as I'm concerned, gifts should NEVER be expected - no matter the day. I appreciate April and others going to the effort of getting me gifts, because they certainly didn't have to.

yes, you're right...but i think most do "expect" gifts on a holiday vs. a non-holiday. and i certainly appreciate someone for gifting...it's in their desire and happiness of gifting thats the gift. i can totally see april being like that...i could never not like something april would do, because she's so thoughtful and spirited.