So Dreamhost is pretty sweet?

since this thread is going to require me to look up dreamhost to find out what the fuck it is to even give an answer, I'll instead just go on my merry way.

Yeah, for a shared host, it's not too bad. Think I've had an account for like 5 years now. Good stuff. Comes with 50GB of free backup (they don't allow you to use your main hosting for a file dump).

I also have a VPS that isn't used too much (just runs Asterisk for my office pbx & smokeping to monitor clients' servers). Pretty stable.

Yeah, they do some pretty neat stuff. Like allowing you to create another account under your unlimited account, allowing them to do just about anything (if you want them to). Why would they allow more than one person to share a $10/mo unlimited account? :wtf:

I haven't found them to be too reliable, so I moved my business website to another host. I use my Dreamhost account for dumb crap I don't care much about.
Unlimited hosting is just a marketing scam anyway and hosts that use that pretty much oversell the shit outta everything.

I haven't found them to be too reliable, so I moved my business website to another host. I use my Dreamhost account for dumb crap I don't care much about.
Unlimited hosting is just a marketing scam anyway and hosts that use that pretty much oversell the shit outta everything.

I've actually never used it, other than a file and DB backup for this place for a while (I now just use Amazon S3, which is way better).