Thread So does anyone actually have a problem with women serving in active combat roles?

You haven't given any reason why you don't agree with it.

More importantly: again, who are you to deny another woman?

I am no one. My opinion doesn't matter or affect a single soul, so really who gives a fuck what I think.

Again.. I just don't agree with it. I simply feel its a mans job. No more no less. Don't like my answer, who gives a fuck.

:nev:

But Zaaaaaaaac this isn't about offices and all this other shit you're spewing. I am simply saying women shouldn't be in COMBAT!!! I didn't say shit about voting and other rights. You are the one saying that.
I feel that physically and emotionally this is something a man NOT a woman should be doing.
Stop putting words in my mouth and twisting my shit.
You asked about combat, not all the other shit under the sun.

The problem with your argument is you act like all women are the same. They're not. Just like all men aren't the same. I know men who could kill in combat, and men who could not. Just as women can not be emotionally high strung and empathetic men can be just that. We're all individuals, and it's up to the individual what they wish to do with their life and people shouldn't hold them back just because they want to stereotype about gender roles and gender traits. If women were made to make babies, does that make me and April any less of a woman than you? We all have the same sex organs. I think really you're talking in gender 'biotruths' as opposed to anything inherently tangible.

I am no one. My opinion doesn't matter or affect a single soul, so really who gives a fuck what I think.

Again.. I just don't agree with it. I simply feel its a mans job. No more no less. Don't like my answer, who gives a fuck.

:nev:

I just think if you're going to give an opinion in a discussion you should be willing to provide a rationale for that opinion.

Women should be home making babies and sandwiches. Think about it, it only takes 5 seconds for the guy to participate in the making of a baby, but it takes a woman 9 months and 5 seconds. We need more women than men to keep the species going. Ever notice how there's only one bull on the farm but lots of cows? Yeah, same idea. Consequently, we are pre-programmed for the women to stay home in the safer gathering and baby caring roles and for the men to go out and do all the dangerous stuff like hunting. Of course we have moved beyond this as a society, but it's still a distasteful idea to put the baby incubator in harms way if you have 50 bulls lined up to do the same job. I guess if a woman wants to go out there and fight, more power to her, but I really do personally believe we need more moms staying home and taking care of the family and household like we did back in the day. This women's lib stuff is not for me and I do believe there is some wreckage of family values especially in this country. I think women in combat goes toward that. The thing is, these are just my thoughts and I don't wish to force anyone else to believe what I believe. I do wish people would start examining this more though.

Lol! I don't have to give any who what or why's. Mostly because I don't have a burning passion for this discussion. I truly don't care.
I said what I said, you bitches keep on keeping on.

Of course you don't have to, darling. But you willingly involved yourself in the discussion, it's not unreasonable for us to want to know more about your position.

I guess if a woman wants to go out there and fight, more power to her,

but I really do personally believe we need more moms staying home and taking care of the family and household like we did back in the day.

This women's lib stuff is not for me and I do believe there is some wreckage of family values especially in this country.

I think women in combat goes toward that.

I do wish people would start examining this more though.

i agree with these statements 100000%
likes.png
likes.png

Women should be home making babies and sandwiches. Think about it, it only takes 5 seconds for the guy to participate in the making of a baby, but it takes a woman 9 months and 5 seconds. We need more women than men to keep the species going. Ever notice how there's only one bull on the farm but lots of cows? Yeah, same idea. Consequently, we are pre-programmed for the women to stay home in the safer gathering and baby caring roles and for the men to go out and do all the dangerous stuff like hunting. Of course we have moved beyond this as a society, but it's still a distasteful idea to put the baby incubator in harms way if you have 50 bulls lined up to do the same job. I guess if a woman wants to go out there and fight, more power to her, but I really do personally believe we need more moms staying home and taking care of the family and household like we did back in the day. This women's lib stuff is not for me and I do believe there is some wreckage of family values especially in this country. I think women in combat goes toward that. The thing is, these are just my thoughts and I don't wish to force anyone else to believe what I believe. I do wish people would start examining this more though.

Yeah, speak for yourself. Once again it seems like because I don't prescribe to the empathetic, maternal society subscribed gender roles I am not 'a woman'. I wish people would stop pretending men are a certain way and women are a certain way, THIS is why young boys and girls commit suicide, pushing this damn agenda on them and pigeon holing them as if they should live up to this desired expectation that is forced on them since birth. Maybe people should be examining that more.

Also complete bullshit, and historically only a recent phenomena. Women were warriors in the past, women raised armies and fought in wars, when men were off in wars who do you think protected the villages?

http://listverse.com/2008/03/17/top-10-badass-female-warriors/

Last edited:
God wouldn't it be awful if we 'brought down' all the prescribed gender roles and oppression of women? What a lovely way to blame 'the degradation of family values' on women, rather than on men who enforced those gender roles within society through tyranny for so long. :rolleyes:

God wouldn't it be awful if we 'brought down' all the prescribed gender roles and oppression of women? What a lovely way to blame 'the degradation of family values' on women, rather than on men who enforced those gender roles within society through tyranny for so long. :rolleyes:

You're not painting me in avery good light here you know. I was never a tyrant. A despot maybe but never a tyrant.

What a lovely way to blame 'the degradation of family values' on women

If women leaving the homes has an effect on raising children and family values, why dont men leaving the home cause that?

Also, weak argument in anycase, roughly 1% citizens are in the US's military, less than half of those people are going to be women, probably 1/4 of THEM will be infantry.
Less than an 8th of 1% of American women going to war is going to fuck all for family values.