Ontopic So did Georgia murder an innocent man last night?

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Clam whisperer
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥14,417
I wasn't really following the Troy whatever story but online today I've been reading up about it and everyone up in arms about killing him despite witnesses recanting etc.

So did they murder him or was he innocent? Opinions please.

I have no idea. I think you should probably give the guy a new trial though if things pertaining to the trial change in retrospect.

yes, I know they did, dummy. I live in GA. I'm saying it's unconscionable to kill someone if there is any doubt. even the tiniest shred.

Wut?

Also I'm not outraged by CA, she wasn't proven guilty.

What I'm saying is, if you're pissed off because they executed this guy without enough evidence, shouldn't be pissed off at CA because she was acquitted due to lack of evidence. So the fact that you're not outraged by her, means you agree, so my statement doesn't pertain to you.

You should always acquit if there is insufficient evidence. You should never execute when there's even an iota of doubt. In this case, it seemed to be wholly unsupportable.

Guessing the world isn't out anything, no one will care tomorrow.

Well, his family and friends might. But you are right, it's just another human being. It's not like life is valuable or anything. I'm sure that's just what you teach your kids too.

I have been following this case a little and I think it is disgusting. Then again, I think capital punishment is disgusting. We need to change our ways, especially if we want the respect of the rest of the world.

The guy was there when the cop got shot. Doesn't deny it. The doubt is if he fired the shot, or his buddy.

Either way, if he pulled the trigger or not, he was directly involved.

Doesn't change the fact I'm not a fan of the death penalty because I think it's flawed and a giant waste of money, but this guy isn't as innocent as the glossover the press gives the case now would indicate.

The guy was there when the cop got shot. Doesn't deny it. The doubt is if he fired the shot, or his buddy.

Doesn't change the fact I'm not a fan of the death penalty because I think it's flawed and a giant waste of money, but this guy isn't as innocent as the glossover the press gives the case now would indicate.

say we're walking down the street and you slip a gear, get into a confrontation with a cop and shoot him. now I'm guilty as well? that's not how it works and you know it

So if I'm there when someone I know kills someone I am just as guilty? I dunno about that. I mean, I can't control what my friends do. Hopefully I would choose my friends more carefully, but we all make mistakes. I can't imagine how horrified I would be if someone I knew shot and killed someone else, in my presence or not.