so, credit line vs. auto loan

I believe Edmunds has a similar type comparison.
Similar, but not as detailed. He's the guy that goes into dealerships and confuses the sales people into better deals. Nothing gets past him. They try bullshit with him and he completely picks it apart. The creepy thing is he enjoys it.

Similar, but not as detailed. He's the guy that goes into dealerships and confuses the sales people into better deals. Nothing gets past him. They try bullshit with him and he completely picks it apart. The creepy thing is he enjoys it.

Our dad's need to meet. He get's his sick kicks the same way.

Credit lines are unsecured debt and auto loans are secured debt. Auto loans tend to have lower interest rates because of this. If you want to be a financial whiz about it, there's a certain break point when leasing becomes more economical than buying. My dad actually worked up some spread sheet that takes into account TCO and figures which is the better deal : paying cash, leasing, or buying via loan.

plz post this spreadsheet

plz post this spreadsheet

I'll ask him to send it to me. He actually was leasing vehicles for a while because of the combination of purchase price, interest, and resale value made it a better deal than buying. I know his latest car was purchased outright in cash, so I guess the deals aren't out there right now.

We got a good deal. They paid off my upside down '01 4runner and gave us both the car and the truck on 3 year leases for under $1k total monthly. Our thing was the fact that we were leaving with 2 vehicles and we kept trying to leave so they finally, after too many fucking hours, buckled to <$1k.