So Austin is pretty sweet

DirkPhoenix

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
Austin, Land of pot and...pot
www.jesustomars.com
Marklar
₥0
After a small employment hiatus, I now find myself as a Software Engineer II for Honeywell Vindicator Systems in Austin. I'd like to thank any and all deities or demi-gods that I may have invoked the name of in order to secure said employment.

I must say, I think that I am actually a bit better of an engineer that I even thought. It only took 2 days, and I'm already a technical lead on a project. Considering that they have yet to realize that I am the same person that took a surprising third place in the "Will It Fit In My Anus 2k7" Championship, I take this as a good sign of things to come. The only downside: I can't browse non-work related websites at work.

Fortuantely, my phone can. Now I am so happy I do the Dance of Joy!

<insert Bosom Buddies music>

Last edited:
You can't even use some proxies to visit non work sites?

considering he works for honeywell it's a safe bet they have the ability to block such attempts...and even if they don't I imagine a company like that has some very strict policies regarding internet access, especially if he's working on a government/military contract project :o

congrats, dirkypoo!

considering he works for honeywell it's a safe bet they have the ability to block such attempts...and even if they don't I imagine a company like that has some very strict policies regarding internet access, especially if he's working on a government/military contract project :o

congrats, dirkypoo!

yes... strict internet access "policies" on DoD contracts... :shifty:

It's actually a mix of civilian and defense. This place does sell to defense, but also to power plants, parking garages and others. So I don't have the same moral qualms I did before.
The thermostat in our office was made by Honeywell. I've never really thought of them as a defense contractor. More as a sort of "everything technical" company.

It's actually a mix of civilian and defense. This place does sell to defense, but also to power plants, parking garages and others. So I don't have the same moral qualms I did before.

It's a sad day in America when parking garages start employing advanced weapon systems.

I've always been amused by the fact that a hardcore security company has the word "honey" in their company name. They should rename it to Dobermanwell or something.

The thermostat in our office was made by Honeywell. I've never really thought of them as a defense contractor. More as a sort of "everything technical" company.

I think of a big juicy ham whenever i hear Honeywell

alternate company slogan...

Honeywell, killing has never sounded so sweet.

Last edited:
I think of a big juicy ham whenever i hear Honeywell

alternate company slogan...

Honeywell, killing has never sounded so sweet.
the logo could be a Winnie the Pooh style honey jar, but inside is a bunch of razor sharp teeth that shred your hand when you try to pull it back out.