So, April...

S

smileynev

...was a better month then May, at least weather wise. I think this has been the grayest May on record here in the great state of Minnesota. Its downright depressing how dark this month has been.

Anybody else experiencing odd weather phenomena. Does Dennis Quaid need to save us?

April23 said:
Make a thread you didn't pull out of your ass and I won't have to close it for my pleasure.

This thread was not removed from my ass. Its a good thread. Closing it would be a decision based on your personal bias, not something that a good mod would do.

Our April was actually extremely wet into the middle of May. It did pull us out of a seven year drought though. Then all of a sudden it went from 50 to 80 degrees over night and has been nice ever since. In Utah you can't really define normal weather though, it's always messed up.

kiwi said:
Our April was actually extremely wet into the middle of May. It did pull us out of a seven year drought though. Then all of a sudden it went from 50 to 80 degrees over night and has been nice ever since. In Utah you can't really define normal weather though, it's always messed up.

Yeah, its dropping down into the 50's for this weekend.

What a delightful thread, smileynev! We all know that April is the fourth month of the year in the Gregorian Calendar and one of four with the length of 30 days...

But did you know that April begins (astrologically) with the sun in the sign of Aries and ends in the sign of Taurus. Astronomically speaking, the sun begins in the constellation of Pisces and ends in the constellation of Aries.

The name is derived from the Latin aprilis, either from the Latin word aperire which means "to open", probably referring to growing plants in spring, or from the Etruscan name Apru for Aphrodite.

April was originally the second month of the Roman calendar and had 29 days. Julius Caesar's calendar reform in 45 BCE resulted in April having 30 days and becoming the fourth month, as the year now began in January.

elpmis said:
What a delightful thread, smileynev! We all know that April is the fourth month of the year in the Gregorian Calendar and one of four with the length of 30 days...

But did you know that April begins (astrologically) with the sun in the sign of Aries and ends in the sign of Taurus. Astronomically speaking, the sun begins in the constellation of Pisces and ends in the constellation of Aries.

The name is derived from the Latin aprilis, either from the Latin word aperire which means "to open", probably referring to growing plants in spring, or from the Etruscan name Apru for Aphrodite.

April was originally the second month of the Roman calendar and had 29 days. Julius Caesar's calendar reform in 45 BCE resulted in April having 30 days and becoming the fourth month, as the year now began in January.

I wonder if April is ever open.