so all you DUIers

HydroSqueegee

Flaccid Member
Nov 15, 2004
Marklar
₥0
how much would it cost to frame and drywall a 28x13 foot area? I have all the tools available to me, just want to know if someone can give me a price on the lumber and drywall.

TooleTime%20kopschuss.jpg

Galen said:
How does one "Build a basement".
Surely the foundations for one would have to be there already?

its allready there. It just needs framed and drywalled. Easy work, but ive never actually have had to pay for it before.

HydroSqueegee said:
its allready there. It just needs framed and drywalled. Easy work, but ive never actually have had to pay for it before.
I'd pay for it. I really don't think it's something you'd want to tackle and then fuck it up.

That's how I feel anyway, but I'm terrified of DIY. It'd be like digging my own grave.

FlamingGlory said:
And furring is gonna be $6 a board. Probably need one every 16" on center.

I have no idea if I'm right. That was the number a contractor gave me once when I was going to have my basement finished.

But you're right. Easiest way to finish a basement is to strap pressure treated furring strips to the concrete walls, then put that rigid foam insulation between. Then cover with drywall and you're good to go.

Valve1138 said:
I have no idea if I'm right. That was the number a contractor gave me once when I was going to have my basement finished.

But you're right. Easiest way to finish a basement is to strap pressure treated stripped furries to the concrete walls, then put that rigid foam insulation between. Then cover with drywall and you're good to go.

Fixt.

I'm sure those furries are quite insulating, once they stop screaming behind the walls.

Valve1138 said:

But you're right. Easiest way to finish a basement is to strap pressure treated furring strips to the concrete walls, then put that rigid foam insulation between. Then cover with drywall and you're good to go.
Yar, I'm not sure if you should screw the furring on... He's going to need a moisture barrier too, between the block wall and everything else.

Is he putting in a floor? Cause thats a whole 'nother set of furring + moisture barrier + insulation + floor he's going to need.

ETA: Outlets too, if you ever plan on plugging anything in. Bout $6-8 each, and coverplates, and wire.