So, a quick question.

taeric

Flaccid Member
May 6, 2005
Marklar
₥0
Even if this doesn't strictly qualify. Maybe it does.

At any rate. For those that have met me, do I look/sound like I am from another country? I've gotten that a lot in the past. Twice today. I don't get it.

And because I want this thread to be the definition of content:

Something contained, as in a receptacle. Often used in the plural: the contents of my desk drawer; the contents of an aerosol can.
The subject matter of a written work, such as a book or magazine. Often used in the plural.
The substantive or meaningful part: “The brain is hungry not for method but for content, especially content which contains generalizations that are powerful, precise, and explicit” (Frederick Turner).
The meaning or significance of a literary or artistic work.
The proportion of a specified substance: Eggs have a high protein content.

:)

so for those of us that have never met you, this thread is poiintless? post a sound clip and picture :D

Will have to wait till a time when I am less drunk. I am fully taking advantage of the fact that I can drink again. I only had about 8 beers and a whiskey tonight. ... I think. Sounds right. I will get a pic as soon as I can. Sound clip.... not so sure on.

Pandora said:
Perhaps it's because you actually carry yourself well and wear nice clothes. Most people don't usually do that.
Yes, The Josh appears to be from the upper crust of society. Certainly from Europe somewheres.

I don't wear tight enough clothes to be foreign, though. Right?

And the question I've been getting lately is usually about my accent. Most people have a hard time placing it.

fly said:
Yes, The Josh appears to be from the upper crust of society. Certainly from Europe somewheres.

Ya, like the way he holds his bottle of thunderbird with his pinky out, and manages to pass out slouched upright in a corner with his pants still on.

honestly? i thought you might have some culture in you somewhere. it's the dark hair, nice clothes, and certain gestures you do. like when you thank someone, for example. that's not a common gesture in the states.

now, don't get me wrong...i love it, but it's just not common 'round here...especially from a boy from 'bama. :D i can see where others might wonder about your blood. :iono:

Its the tall dark handsome look and the nice clothes. Plus when you speak its like you have done something to make sure you don't hav ethe Bama accent and you pronuciate a little too well.

None of it is bad of course... but that is probably why people think that :heart: