Smoke not by thy door

SchmilK

Flaccid Member
Jun 22, 2005
Marklar
₥0
Well i guess well all be smoking in the middle of the intersectino where we are 17 1/2 feet from anyones door cause the city is packed so tight with building and small streets...so i wonder if im driving in the right hand and stopped at a stop light where i am 6 feet from the front door of the stores around here if a ticket can be issued!! THAT would take one real dickheaded cop to put that on someone. LOL Anyways...starting monday no smoking by the doors like everyone does at our place

NOTICE TO ALL EMPLOYEES

CITY OF CHICAGO MUNICIPAL CODE, CHAPTER 7-32

Chicago Clean Indoor Air Ordinance of 2005

The new Chicago Clean Indoor Air Ordinance goes into effect January 16, 2005.

Section 7-32-070 states that smoking is prohibited within fifteen feet of any entrance to an enclosed area in which smoking is prohibited.

To comply with this rule and to avoid being fined by the City of Chicago, we ask that smokers do not smoke within 15 feet of main entrances; i.e. the entrance on this street, the side entrance on that street, the side entrance to the shop and the side entrance to the warehouse.

In addition, smoking is not permitted in any company vechicle.

Your cooperation is appreciated.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I figured every building has this now. It's like that at my work too, but 15 feet isn't very far at all. And no one enforces the shit anyway as long as you aren't standing directly in the doorway.

Drool-Boy said:
Go sit in your car in the parking lot.
Not if your car is within 15 feet of any entrance or doorway.

And as far as enforcement, if it means collecting a fine, the city of Chicago will enforce it. One of the aldermen slipped a highly disputed cell phone ordinance which put the city in a tizzy and even though nobody wanted this to go through, esp. the mayor... it's being rigidly enforced.

Chicago likes it's money.

Such a retarded ordinance. :rolleyes:

Sarcasmo said:
Only a tard would continue to do something that inconveniences him while also killing him.
Not everybody who smokes dies of lung cancer, or any ailment related to smoking.

Driving your car or crossing the street can be just as deadly

CletusJones said:
That horse you're riding seems to be quite tall.

WHAT'S THAT YOU SAY? I CAN'T HEAR YOU UP HERE. YOU'LL HAVE TO SPEAK UP.

Seriously though, toxins that you really have to go out of your way to ingest. Brilliant.

abouttoturnugly.jpg

Sarcasmo said:
WHAT'S THAT YOU SAY? I CAN'T HEAR YOU UP HERE. YOU'LL HAVE TO SPEAK UP.

Seriously though, toxins that you really have to go out of your way to ingest. Brilliant.
You're hardly talking to an academic here. Anyone who tries to justify smoking is a fucking dumbass.

The Student Center here has a sign on the doors that "smoking is prohibited within 25 feet of these doors." This would merely be stupid, except for the fact that there are ashtrays 5 feet from said doors. RETARDED :thrawn: :tard:

Galen said:
You're hardly talking to an academic here. Anyone who tries to justify smoking is a fucking dumbass.
I'm not attempting to justify smoking, I fail to see the point of all the restrictions put on smokers lately. I quit smoking but I still support the choice others make regarding whether to do it or not. Banning smoking in bars/clubs is asenine in my opinion. These places are where people go to have a drink and smoke a cig, if you can't deal with the smoke don't go there. Nobody is twisting your arm and making you be around it, it's your choice.

This is just frusterating and I don't understand why people are going so far out of their way to put restrictions on this. :mad:

CletusJones said:
I'm not attempting to justify smoking, I fail to see the point of all the restrictions put on smokers lately. I quit smoking but I still support the choice others make regarding whether to do it or not. Banning smoking in bars/clubs is asenine in my opinion. These places are where people go to have a drink and smoke a cig, if you can't deal with the smoke don't go there. Nobody is twisting your arm and making you be around it, it's your choice.
I couldn't agree more.

zengirl said:
Not everybody who smokes dies of lung cancer, or any ailment related to smoking.

Driving your car or crossing the street can be just as deadly
I love you.