smileynev vs maddox...

wr3kt said:
I can't help it if this place doesn't correct my typos.

This thing needs more Apple-does-everything-for-you intuition.
That way all I have to do is click my single mouse button once and a 3-paragraph insult is generated including footnote definitions for words with more than 6 letters.

LET"S MAC THIS PLACE OUT
That was the most beautiful call to arms ever. You sir are a latino masterpeice.

Maddox was hilarious the first time I read through it, but it got predictable after a while. Some big movie comes out, he hates it. Some actor/actress does something, he hates them for doing it. Some company has some policy that makes news, he hates it. I'm not saying his point-of-view is wrong or that reading his stuff isn't occasionally funny, it's just that it's no longer "original" content.

The star wars unvierse as developed by the many authors that have written books for it is very well filled out and very colorful. The movies by themself do seem to be missing something at times. But if you read any of the books they really do a great job of filling in anything left out in the movies.

I felt the first movie just jumped right into a conflict that made little sense to the common movie goer. Why was this Trade Federation a-holes just invading Naboo for no reason? But if you read the books that were suppose to take place before the movie, you would have seen how Palpatine had played the federation, senate, and the politicans of naboo to create a situation where he could get enough sympathy and undermine the power of the previous chancelor to where he could easily come into power. Palpatine was never revealed to be a sith lord in the books before he was reveleaded in the movies, but you got to see him wheel and deal as a senator and then you would see people get manipulated behind the scenes by a hidden sith lord. So it seemed very obvious at times that he was that sith lord.

Woa...totally geeked out for a second there.

b_sinning said:
The star wars unvierse as developed by the many authors that have written books for it is very well filled out and very colorful. The movies by themself do seem to be missing something at times. But if you read any of the books they really do a great job of filling in anything left out in the movies.

I felt the first movie just jumped right into a conflict that made little sense to the common movie goer. Why was this Trade Federation a-holes just invading Naboo for no reason? But if you read the books that were suppose to take place before the movie, you would have seen how Palpatine had played the federation, senate, and the politicans of naboo to create a situation where he could get enough sympathy and undermine the power of the previous chancelor to where he could easily come into power. Palpatine was never revealed to be a sith lord in the books before he was reveleaded in the movies, but you got to see him wheel and deal as a senator and then you would see people get manipulated behind the scenes by a hidden sith lord. So it seemed very obvious at times that he was that sith lord.

Woa...totally geeked out for a second there.

We knew palpatine was a sith lord from the first series.

I saw the movie. I didn't expect much and I didn't get much. The fight/battle scenes were cool but not spectacular. I rank it as a renter.

note:
Theater = Totally Kickass
$1 Theater = Not worth the cash, but worth the bigscreen
Renter = Not bad, worth the entertainment
TBS = Wait for a lazy Sunday to see this dogpile.
Congo = Dear god. I can't believe someone spent all that money on marketing to sell this fucking thing to Taco Bell

SpangeMonkee said:
I saw the movie. I didn't expect much and I didn't get much. The fight/battle scenes were cool but not spectacular. I rank it as a renter.

note:
Theater = Totally Kickass
$1 Theater = Not worth the cash, but worth the bigscreen
Renter = Not bad, worth the entertainment
TBS = Wait for a lazy Sunday to see this dogpile.
Congo = Dear god. I can't believe someone spent all that money on marketing to sell this fucking thing to Taco Bell

I can see your taste in movies sucks almost as much as your wife's taste in men.

Thorn Bird said:
:lol: but i think you're attractive...so now, what does that say about me???

Hey, everyone has to be right at least once in their life.

My god I can cut and paste posts from that other site now :cool:

ZRH said:
His gimmick is so old. We've heard it all before, I'm pretty sure I could tell you waht he said without reading it.