SmileyNev - How Do You Like Dem Apples?

APRIL

Feel Free to Pee on Me
Sep 30, 2004
Houston
Marklar
₥60,587
iProduct.gif

With the shelf life of unupgradable products like Mac Mini, Apple should just give them away for free. Let people try them. Its not like they won't be forced into an upgrade cycle in two years or less. If they are truly superior, people will switch. They could stand to double or triple their market share in 2 years. That kind of growth is ungodly. They might even get a few 3rd party software developers.

theacoustician said:
With the shelf life of unupgradable products like Mac Mini, Apple should just give them away for free. Let people try them. Its not like they won't be forced into an upgrade cycle in two years or less. If they are truly superior, people will switch. They could stand to double or triple their market share in 2 years. That kind of growth is ungodly. They might even get a few 3rd party software developers.
I'm not familiar with this Mini Mac crap, but I'd think that most Apple users (especially those who will buy unupgradable crap) don't care/need to upgrade every 2 years. No need to upgrade just to get the latest web browser or word program.

fly said:
I'm not familiar with this Mini Mac crap, but I'd think that most Apple users (especially those who will buy unupgradable crap) don't care/need to upgrade every 2 years. No need to upgrade just to get the latest web browser or word program.
You miss the point entirely.

Go to any half way decent mac forum and you'll find people who are just as critical, if not more, of many of Apple's strategies. The only difference between them and your average mac basher is that they are informed about the products and can pose legitimate gripes.

smileynev said:
Go to any half way decent mac forum and you'll find people who are just as critical, if not more, of many of Apple's strategies. The only difference between them and your average mac basher is that they are informed about the products and can pose legitimate gripes.
youre an illegitimate child.

theacoustician said:

Upgradeability is unnecessary for the average consumer. Beyond adding more memory and storage, the vast majority of buyers out there aren't interested in anything else.

Do you upgrade your toaster?
Your TV?
Your Stereo System?

No, you go out and buy new ones.

smileynev said:

Who the fuck cares about being informed? :rolleyes:
:fly:

Macs have their flaws but their machines are well built. My powerbook has never given my problems. I'm a PC person and always perfer windows over Osx but Osx is getting better.

smileynev said:
Upgradeability is unnecessary for the average consumer. Beyond adding more memory and storage, the vast majority of buyers out there aren't interested in anything else.

Do you upgrade your toaster?
Your TV?
Your Stereo System?

No, you go out and buy new ones.
You two are so cute when you debate. BTW, I think you must have missed the point of his post too, cause that's pretty much what I said.