SmileyNev - How Do You Like Dem Apples?

theacoustician said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No way. I had to support Mac clusters at my school. If I was Director of IT and someone proposed a Mac cluster, I'd have them publicly flogged.

The only joy of working in one is watching people wander around trying to figure out how to turn them on. I would purposely turn only one on and put a broken chair at that location. Without fail, people would always choose that computer, sit in the chair, and warble around in it while they tried to work. Cracked me up.

When the Cubes came out we made 2 labs of them. It was a low end lab and it looked good for parents on tour to show them a lab a funky looking cubes and flatscreens and say we have the latest technology. These people just sign the checks and don't actually use them. Sometimes it's about showmanship and the macs often are cuter than a PC.

The cubes were crap and burnt up all the time but it was expected when we put them in. We just did minor repairs on them or make them into flower pots etc. Any of the real labs either had dual processor macs or Pcs and we're more about raw power than looks.