Smart people should have their minority group representation

funny, i was planning on going back to school to get INTO IT.

engineering sucks

their are plenty of people that go back to school because they are unhappy with their current careers. It seems like its the IT people that abandon the field the most, but i think its that most of us are just around those kind of people more. I would like to do something else, but i honestly dont know what else i would do.

'Why can't they get the picture? Why don't they understand?
We're not dealing with the planet of apes, we're talking about the
modern man.
So you people with them itsy bitsy teensie weensie tiny minds...
Here's your sign. Here's your sign.'

Yep, we're surrounded by idiots.

I would like to do something else, but i honestly dont know what else i would do.

I plan on going into one of the skilled trades if I ever get completely fed up with IT. Probably as an electrician or plumber or something.

edit:

Oh, and as far as the original post is concerned, everbody is someone else's complete idiot. That's just human nature.

Last edited:
Oh, and as far as the original post is concerned, everbody is someone else's complete idiot. That's just human nature.

Good point. In reality, every job is going to suck in some way. Stupid people have been weaved into the fabric of our very existence, you cannot escape them. Its best just to enjoy them with a good dose of laughter.

Good point. In reality, every job is going to suck in some way. Stupid people have been weaved into the fabric of our very existence, you cannot escape them. Its best just to enjoy them with a good dose of laughter.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahaha...

It all matters what your job actually calls for...

If it is your job to teach the idiots then next time you might want to write it down for her or have her write it down.

If your job is to fix the problem, well fix the problem... 5, 6, 22 times shouldnt matter

If your job is to fix the problem, well fix the problem... 5, 6, 22 times shouldnt matter

It's easy to say that, but when you have to keep explaining the same thing over and over it's all too easy to get frustrated. It becomes very easy to believe that when a user says they're having a problem they really just want you to do whatever the hell they're trying to do for them-- even though it's their job.

It's easy to say that, but when you have to keep explaining the same thing over and over it's all too easy to get frustrated. It becomes very easy to believe that when a user says they're having a problem they really just want you to do whatever the hell they're trying to do for them-- even though it's their job.

Explaining = Teaching

If they are such a complete moron that they cannot follow written instructions they have no need to be employed and something needs to be said. If they can say it is your fault for not teaching them then you didn't do a thorough enough job. Just make sure your ass is covered and call them a complete moron, obviously in more respectable terms.

Sadly .. there is no way to get around this kinda stuff. I've come to learn this the hard way.

I am in constant agony over this same type stuff, just in a different way. I'm not IT but I'm expected to know when someone has done something wrong and/or know when they haven't done it. And if they do it wrong I'm suposed to be able to back track through what they've done wrong and know how to immediantly fix it .. AND .. get all of my stuff done .. while making sure everything else that I don't realize isn't getting done .. gets done too.

It's enough to make a person snap and shoot some folks sometimes.

Having to explain the same things over and over to the same person is enough to make you just boil over. My 2nd shift employee does that to me. I've come to the conclusion that he just isn't listening to me. It's not that he can't understand it, he's just not trying. Which pisses me off even more; because I know why he does it. BEcause he knows if he keeps doing it wrong, I'll eventually just tell him to forget it and I'll do it. So I don't have to RE do it later. Aggravating tards.

Stupid people make me wanna rake their eyeballs out. Stupid people who throw me under the bus because they are stupid and can't figure stuff out, and know they can just put it off on me .. make me want to rake hot coals over their genitals after I rake their eyes out.

:heart: I feel your pain.

Last edited:
I try to simpifly things for most of my users or type out a short little fold out and just email it too them. you would be suppired at the number of engineers that don't know how to copy and paste a file.

sounds like we need a career night on UF to decide what the most lucrative profatable and stress free careers are that involve zero user support.