Smart Mormons Exist

ChikkenNoodul said:
The only conspiracy there is the whole EPA bullshit on not letting in extremely fuel efficient cars that exist TODAY in other countries, and the american oil companies are partly to blame for that.

truth++

But this also has to do with most American's foolish fetish for driving bling-bling Escalades.

If I could get a SMARTcar in the US I would do so in a second.

ChikkenNoodul said:
I didn't use to be anti-SUV, I'm just sick of seeing those behemoths all over the place with only ONE person in them

In Utah it's an epidemic. People see Yukons, Suburbans, Excursions, etc. as status symbols here. With large families I can SOMEWHAT see the need, but here families with a mom and dad, and maybe one or two kids tool around in these things all over the place. Totally unecessary IMO.

KNYTE said:
In Utah it's an epidemic. People see Yukons, Suburbans, Excursions, etc. as status symbols here. With large families I can SOMEWHAT see the need, but here families with a mom and dad, and maybe one or two kids tool around in these things all over the place. Totally unecessary IMO.
Same around Boston and southern NH, the excuse is almost always "I need 4wd for the snow"

I can't tell you how many times I've passed those jokers in a ditch with my FWD Saab equipped with snow tires

ChikkenNoodul said:
Like the scores of diesel cars available in Europe and Asia that get 50-60mpg

Not to mention what could be done with the current hybrid technology with a diesel in place of the gas engine in cars like the Prius, Civic, Accord, Escape, Lexes RX, etc.
I have no idea why diesel never caught on here...

ChikkenNoodul said:
Vin and Claudia in the same movie = :drool:

Claudia on stargate in a renaissance style dress......:drool:

Claudia as a burned corpse....:drool:

ChikkenNoodul said:
That show has improved 10,000% with the addition of her and Mr. Browder

yessir. Its too bad she's only on for a short time. They should kill off carter and bring her on board full time.