slow day

JAXvillain

Curly_Sue
Oct 13, 2004
Marklar
₥0
I have no meetings and pretty much nothing to do today except wait for someone to break some sort of technology...wish I had a couch in my office so I could kill the lights and take a nap :fly:
I need to get the inhouse streaming video feed running again so I can watch cable on my computer

what does work or school have you doing today?

my boss is on extended leave and won't be back until July. With no boss (and no hassles), I have been able to clear my desk of all pending work. Now I kill time on teh internets until July or something happens in his absence that I need to handle.

My boss is sick and I found a bug in testing our software that is putting me at a stand still (again), so now I just wait.

Drool-Boy said:
Im just counting the days untill vacation. Four and a half to go.
Im so burnt out:(

I should take a week off just for shits...I have 3 weeks of vaca left and the year is 1/2 over...I'm kinda burnt too

why_ask_why said:
thanks for the offer but you must have me confused with elpmis :p
You are the hot one that drives the Z06, right? (as opposed to the hot one that does not drive a Z06).

my boss just left to go on an 18 hour drive to some freakin state up north. Basically today is the same as all the other, sit around and play games!

b_sinning said:
Ditto. I'm trying to plan the network infrastructure upgrades to support the conversion of all of campus to VoIP by Sept. 1.

Sucks so bad it's leaving teeth marks.

just throw a zillion miles of fiber at it and call it a day :p

Fiber isn't the issue. I have tons of fiber. It's the POE switches I'm trying to figure out. Some places have them and others I can get away with POE injectors. I need to keep the count as low as possible but still have total coverage and room to grow. I'm looking at the moment to add in 40 something POE switches.

I also have to take into account the data wiring in some of the older buildings. I will need one more data jack per desk. The new phones have a gigE port on the back of them but I want to a void using them as much as possible.

b_sinning said:
Ditto. I'm trying to plan the network infrastructure upgrades to support the conversion of all of campus to VoIP by Sept. 1.

Sucks so bad it's leaving teeth marks.

Are you posting while pages are loading too?

It's my way of keeping my sanity here.

The hard part is not to post in the stuff I'm sending my boss.

"We need 2 more 48 port POE switches for Jen Libray Mdf2 East. Drool where are you going on vaction? April you's a hottie."

b_sinning said:
The hard part is not to post in the stuff I'm sending my boss.

"We need 2 more 48 port POE switches for Jen Libray Mdf2 East. Drool where are you going on vaction? April you's a hottie."

Your boss and I both think you are crazy.

Cant wait for this month to end. All the Civilians and Military people are taking their vacations this time of the year, leaving the contractors all alone with no government supervision. So the few calls we do get for broken technology are very, very retarded.

Comon Vacation!