Sleeping

I

ILikeLife

I cant sleep and i need to be up by 7:00, it is almost 1:00 now. So i just took 2 shots of vodka.... does this make me a loser?

Alcohol may make you feel drowsy (it's a depressant) but in reality, it disrupts your sleep pattern and prohibits quality REM sleep, so you can actually sleep for more time after alcohol consumption, but you deprive your body of the "good sleep" the REM required to feel refreshed in the morning.

zengirl said:
Alcohol may make you feel drowsy (it's a depressant) but in reality, it disrupts your sleep pattern and prohibits quality REM sleep, so you can actually sleep for more time after alcohol consumption, but you deprive your body of the "good sleep" the REM required to feel refreshed in the morning.

Maybe it's psychological...but I've had better sleep almost buzzed...

Not drunk...or buzzing...but like...a beer or two and I sleep like a baby.

Kevlar said:
I hate going to bed alone....:(
Huggin a pillow helps.

If you hadn't taken the vodka I would've suggested Nyquil or Benadryl. That's good stuff. :drool:

wr3kt said:
Maybe it's psychological...but I've had better sleep almost buzzed...

Not drunk...or buzzing...but like...a beer or two and I sleep like a baby.
Keep in mind it takes the body one hour to process the alcohol in one beer, so you've only got one or two hours of disrupted sleep after a beer or two. :) You're still benefitting from REM sleep as well as the seditive powers of the beer, it's alcohol in excession which really messes with sleep cycles. I suppose it's a matter of finding your body's particular balance. :p

zengirl said:
Keep in mind it takes the body one hour to process the alcohol in one beer, so you've only got one or two hours of disrupted sleep after a beer or two. :) You're still benefitting from REM sleep as well as the seditive powers of the beer, it's alcohol in excession which really messes with sleep cycles. I suppose it's a matter of finding your body's particular balance. :p

I have exorcised the demons...this body is cuuu-leean.

Ya, but that pillow just doesn't hug back....I'll try a warm shower and see how that works.

Datgurl said:
Huggin a pillow helps.

If you hadn't taken the vodka I would've suggested Nyquil or Benadryl. That's good stuff. :drool:

Kevlar said:
Ya, but that pillow just doesn't hug back....I'll try a warm shower and see how that works.
I sleep with 4 pillows, but here lately, I have a cat who has decided she needs to be a teddy bear and sleeps completely cuddled up with me the entire night. It's odd really, cats are supposed to get huffy and move if you turn in your sleep, but she just rolls with me and stays cuddled up to my side all night and until I get out of bed in the morning. :heart:

Lightning (my Bolt Beast) she's like that. I have to give her a bath tomorrow if it's warm enough.

I've had to take Valume (sp?) a few times these past couple weeks. Not a lot, just 5 mgs. just enough to get me to drop off. Asprine usually works the best for me, so I just took some....but still.... :( :heart:

zengirl said:
I sleep with 4 pillows, but here lately, I have a cat who has decided she needs to be a teddy bear and sleeps completely cuddled up with me the entire night. It's odd really, cats are supposed to get huffy and move if you turn in your sleep, but she just rolls with me and stays cuddled up to my side all night and until I get out of bed in the morning. :heart: