Sleeping meds talk..again

Bubbles said:
Benadryl doesn't make me tired at all, NyQuill keeps me up all night, and the codine chough syrups my doctor prescribes always make my heart flutter and my body feels like I've gotten into crazy amounts of cocaine.
coedine makes me violently ill, percoset makes me dizzy and ill, morphine the same - I didn't take anything but ibuprofin and scotch after my surgery last year :fly:

I'm no good with anything like that, god forbid I ever have some serious injury

ChikkenNoodul said:
coedine makes me violently ill, percoset makes me dizzy and ill, morphine the same - I didn't take anything but ibuprofin and scotch after my surgery last year :fly:

I'm no good with anything like that, god forbid I ever have some serious injury

I was perscribed percoset when I got out my wisdom teeth.....I seriously lost two weeks of my life. I can't remember anything except my mom coming and changing bloody pillowcases twice a day.

I could use some speed. So tired. I never get enough sleep. 5 hours a night is typical during the week. This is why guys die first, to get some damn rest.

The best pain medicine I ever had was after I had my tonsils out and devated septum fixed last year. I got liquid oxycotin. I was in a haze for a week.

b_sinning said:
I could use some speed. So tired. I never get enough sleep. 5 hours a night is typical during the week. This is why guys die first, to get some damn rest.

The best pain medicine I ever had was after I had my tonsils out and devated septum fixed last year. I got liquid oxycotin. I was in a haze for a week.
Ain't that the truth, we never wake up women at 2:30 in the morning to complain about them.....

At least taking the meds again this morning is keeping me awake, otherwise I'm sure I'd be asleep at my desk.

Bubbles said:
I was perscribed percoset when I got out my wisdom teeth.....I seriously lost two weeks of my life. I can't remember anything except my mom coming and changing bloody pillowcases twice a day.

I got some when I got my appendix out, good stuff. Take some and the pain just goes away (and I would immediately fall asleep, but hey, no pain!)

Knyte also doesn't sleep when he takes meds for ADD.

McGee said:
I'd give these a try:
Ambien.
Sonata.
Lunesta.

You could probably grab a sample for maybe a week or more of each of these from your doctor, and I'd use the whole sample before trying another. Some drugs take awhile before they fully kick in & some act slower and faster than others - it all depends what you want and what works for someone else isn't necessarily going to work for you. I think those are the three main sleeping drugs out today - not sure though, as I don't need sleeping aids. Give them all a try and see what you think works best for you.

Whenever I have trouble sleeping I grab some Nyquil or just stay up.

I have a friend who said she tried Sonesta and they didn't work for her. I have also tried Trazadone, and they give me a hangover if I don't get exactly 8 - 9 hours of sleep.

AMBIEN ROCKS!

(just don't drink on them)

A doctor told me that he has seen the brain waves of a person sleeping after taking an ambien versus someone sleeping after taking a trazadone and the brain waves from the person taking ambien were the closest to actual sleep.