Sleep?

taeric

Flaccid Member
May 6, 2005
Marklar
₥0
How much does everyone around here typically sleep? I took a sleep test over a year ago where they said I had pretty serious apnea at night. So... I now have a machine that supposedly keeps me breathing at night. So far it has worked decently enough, but I wake up even earlier than before. For instance, after just about 3 hours of sleep I'll wake up to the point where I might as well get out of bed. I've resisted that so far, but I think I'm going to just go ahead and get up next time.

So... yeah, sleep. How much does everyone get?

Are you sure you didn't just get suckered into buying a $2,000 machine?

Not entirely, no. The plus side is that it does keep me from snoring. All my friends enjoyed that on the road trip to see NC State lose to GATech. :)

To be fair, though, since I have had this thing I do feel much better in the morning. It reminds me of when I was really good at yoga. I had a lot more energy. (Oddly, I'm now able to get back into yoga to a much larger extent.)

So, what I'm gathering here, is that the fact I hate sleeping longer than 5 hours at a time is rare/not right?

So, what I'm gathering here, is that the fact I hate sleeping longer than 5 hours at a time is rare/not right?
Hate or cant?

I cant sleep. The time when Im away from here at night I'm usually on the phone with other insomniacs, dozing, or out, but not sleeping. If I do manage to fall asleep like 2 or three times a week Im out for 10+ hours.

More hate, I suppose. But it is the kind of hate that stems from my feeling like complete and utter crap if I sleep longer.

Not entirely, no. The plus side is that it does keep me from snoring. All my friends enjoyed that on the road trip to see NC State lose to GATech. :)

To be fair, though, since I have had this thing I do feel much better in the morning. It reminds me of when I was really good at yoga. I had a lot more energy. (Oddly, I'm now able to get back into yoga to a much larger extent.)

Its probably cause you're now getting good sleep.

I usually get 7-8. Less than that and Im Sarcasmo.

i try for either six or eight...seven makes me sleepy all day.

some people just don't need the typical eight hours, josh. just accept the fact that you do well with five, and listen to your body in case that changes or you need more here and there. i go for weeks and months with my typical, and then once in a while i get in a 12-hour stretch.
you're one of the lucky ones that can run fine on fewer hours. :)

at least 7 hours. usually 8. I seem to have this habit of getting up at 10am everyday. if I'm late its usually is no later than 10:30. However as of late I have had to take melatonin to get a good nights rest. I mean, I sleep well but its usually is not a sound sleep and I notice that I have better dreams and remember them better with it. I tend to be happier the next day too. That kind of makes me wonder if a lack of melatonin in the body can affect depression or not. I don't try to take it every night however since I know its more than what the body normally produces a day but I will cycle through it for a few days every few weeks. Man I love the weeks im on it.