Shalimar

Like herpes - just appears
Feb 5, 2007
St Pete
www.minglemixx.com
Marklar
₥0
So how much do you survive on?

I tend to average about 5 or 6 hours. And am probably shaving years off my life. There are times when I've got to DJ that I get less than that, but in general I sleep from around 1 to 7am.

My wife seems to need about 9 or 10 hours per night :waw:

I've got almost 8 per night the last two nights and I feel like a human this morning.

any routines you do to get right to bed (besides the ambienz)?

What about getting the baby to sleep? we're trying to get lil mo on a routine.. but the routine seems to be wait til he gets punchy and can hardly stand up, lay in bed with him in our bed til he goes to sleep and then move him to his bed. we DO make sure to do dinner/bath/post bath prepare for bed but he's still usually up another hour or two. he sleeps from around 9/10 to 730ish, which is to say Ja also sleeps that long bec she lays down with him most of the time (cause i'm up doin' isht) and when I peek in they're both out like lights.

though several times in the past few weeks she's gotten up early to hit that gym next to her job pre-workday.

That's about what I average most nights. I've given up hope that I'll return to 8 or 9 hours of sleep per night like in my youth. I've had a sleep study done, been prescribed every sleep medication on the market, replaced my mattress with a new more comfortable one, etc etc. Nothing has worked. I'll admit that I need to exercise more. But that didn't seem to help make me sleep better in the past years that I was more active. When I can, I try to take a short 30min nap during the day. That really helps carry me through the latter half of the day. Anything more than 30 minutes and I won't be sleeping later that day.

My routine is usually try to go to bed at 11pm, though sometimes it is midnight. Then the alarm gets me up at 7am (on weekdays). Although I find myself waking up around 6am most mornings now, and toss and turn until 7am. Weekends I sleep in.

I lie down. That's all it takes. I used to need 8 hours of sleep. Now I can function on 3 hours regularly

Regarding the baby, at his age, we did the cry it out method. It only took 1 night fortunately, but it worked. Now, we change him into his pijamas, brush his teeth, read him a couple of stories, then he walks to bed, jumps in, we cover him up and he spends about 10 minutes talking to his bears before going to sleep.

I usually get like 4 or 5 hours and I wake up about 4 or 5 times a night.

Falling to sleep has gotten a bit easier. I took the TV out of the bedroom, stopped reading in the bedroom, stopped drinking caffeine after 2pm and I work out like 4 times a week now.

I can usually go about 10ish days on 4 or 5 hours then I have a crash day where I sleep like 10 hrs in a coma like bliss.

For a while there, i was doing maybe 3-4 hrs a night, but Drooljr sleeps through the whole night now without much problem now. We put him down around 830 or 9.
I can survive on 6 a night without much problem.

yeah i get about the same, shali..

then the 1.5 hours in commuting in the morning makes me very tired when I get to work..

one thing about mo that I see is he honestly just wants to stay up to spend time with us. i get him 430 or 5, ja home betw 630 and 730. he fights it, just wanting to stay up. he's almost 2.

i stay up too late all the time. hard to give up the quiet time. if it's going to be less than three hours, i won't go to bed. it's just torture. so is getting seven hours. ugh! i usually sleep about four to six hours a night...and then a couple of times a year i'll pull a 14-hour stretch to refill my sleep bank. i lie down and go to sleep, and i don't wake up until i need to. i'm very lucky regarding my sleep.

shali. i personally think you're missing baby boy's window for sleep. if you miss the window, you have to wait until the next cycle of sleepiness, which is why it's running late. typically, a child's window is between 7 and 8 pm. just a suggestion!! :heart: