Sleep Thread

It sounds stupid but there's a reason counting sheep is a famous thing to do when you want to sleep. It actually works. If it doesn't work for me (usually because my imagination is running wild and the sheep are doing all sorts) then I find a meditation involving the breath works really well. Look up 'The mindfulness of breathing' online, it works for me everytime. Therefore every day I get my meditation time. :cool:

Edit: And I don't mean actually sitting down and doing it, do it while you're in bed to fall asleep.

another point: make sure your bed is not somewhere where you do anything else but sleep. don't do homework in bed or watch a lot of tv/movies in bed. leave your bed as a place for your mind to return to with one purpose.
i, too, could be a professional sleeper because i do it excellently. but i do think that having a consistent routine regarding sleep all through my life (save college) has helped me to be good at it. i get in bed, frog it up, and five minutes later...gone.

another point: make sure your bed is not somewhere where you do anything else but sleep. don't do homework in bed or watch a lot of tv/movies in bed. leave your bed as a place for your mind to return to with one purpose.
i, too, could be a professional sleeper because i do it excellently. but i do think that having a consistent routine regarding sleep all through my life (save college) has helped me to be good at it. i get in bed, frog it up, and five minutes later...gone.

Ask Valve. My room is pretty much naked of all that stuff. The way I set up the house is that activity is all downstairs, and upstairs is all relaxation/sleeping bidness. I don't even bring my laptop upstairs unless I want to listen to music or chat while I'm folding laundry.

I've gotten wierd sleep this weekend. It's like my body is trying to to make up for lost time. I'm still tired as fuck but I slept (i think) 25 hours from Friday-Today. Now I just need to work on the whole restful sleep thing.