Sleeman: Your tasks have been set

Bubbles said:
blech, I don't like twinkies that aren't fried I can't see myself enjoying that heart attack on a stick.
They are, by far, the best fried food at the state fair. The deep fried oreo is second. Dead last was the deep fried snickers (not even sure what I was thinking with that one.)

fly said:
They are, by far, the best fried food at the state fair. The deep fried oreo is second. Dead last was the deep fried snickers (not even sure what I was thinking with that one.)
agreed.
points 4 u

deep_fried_oreo2.jpg

# Oreo cookies (duh)
# Pancake flour
# Milk
# Cooking oil
# Eggs

Step 1: Measure out 1 cup of pancake flour. Resist temptation to start food fight with flour; instead empty it into mixing bowl.

Step 2: Add one egg into your pancake flour.

Step 3: Add in one cup of milk.

Step 4:Next add in two teaspoons of cooking oil into your batter

Step 5: Stir your pancake batter until all ingredients are well mixed.

Step 6: Stir mixture until its consistency is smooth.

Step 7: Next, fill up a saucepan with enough oil to cover your Oreo cookies when you dip them in.

Step 8: Soak cookies in batter.

Step 9: Fry the shit out of your sodden oreos.

Step 10: Drain and let cool. Presumably also eat and maybe enjoy.

Recipe paraphrased from: http://fairy.mahdzan.com/story/189.asp

JJ Lady said:
Oooooo!!! I wonder if we can make those this weekend!

Fried Oreos....:drool: I think?

i'm just not sure about all that. they don't sound appealing at all. *shuddering smiley*

fly said:
Find a fried twinkie recipe. You'll thank yourself later. GOD BLESS THE USA

good fucking god... apparently the twinkies are batter fired as well.

I expect the oreo recipe could be suitably adapted to twinkies. Just use the frying batter of choice. I would steer clear of twinke temupra... though, now that I think about it it may not be that bad after all.

Question:

For those who've eaten deep fried candy bars:

Were the candy bars also batter dipped? If so, I wonder if the fried candy manufacturer had to rough up the chocolate coating of the candy bar in order to facilitate batter adhesion.

itburnswhenipee said:
good fucking god... apparently the twinkies are batter fired as well.

I expect the oreo recipe could be suitably adapted to twinkies. Just use the frying batter of choice. I would steer clear of twinke temupra... though, now that I think about it it may not be that bad after all.

Question:

For those who've eaten deep fried candy bars:

Were the candy bars also batter dipped? If so, I wonder if the fried candy manufacturer had to rough up the chocolate coating of the candy bar in order to facilitate batter adhesion.

I've seen them do it on TV. It is battered before they fry and they are kept very cold.

y'all are some weirdos. the weirdest thing fried i have eaten that is TO DIE FOR are fried dill pickles. OMG. heaven heaven heaven.