How often do you use Skype?

• Often.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes.

• Not often enough to warrant keeping it, but I still have it.

• Total voters
D

djduquet

The reason that I made this thread is because I noticed a few days ago the skype contact area, see under my user name, thus I felt it to be a good idea to hold a discussion. I hope I'm right.

So I've been using skype for some time now. I rather enjoy it because of the simplicity, nice UI, and ability to have a nice chat with a buddy with out having a horrid sounding mobile smashed against the ear.

So, How often do you use skype? Do you own it, use it, what do you feel about it?

Also, if you have it, post your name and we can talk.

Skype User Name said:

fly said:
Never used it. Having to hook up a mic to my PC is too much of a pain in the ass.
Built-in mic on my lappy FTW!

Also, how lazy are you?

Drool-Boy said:
Never used it. Having to hook up a mic to my PC is too much of a pain in the ass.
Do you own a mic? I mean if not, then I can understand, but if it's sitting in a closet 3 feet away from you I mean come on.

Fase said:
I've used it, but I don't have a working mic right now.
:eek: An [M] blast from the past!

You should get another mic, it's a cool programme that I don't get to use often enough.

I voted, and it's not that I don't know you, I mean I don't know you cause I've never met you, but I've seen you post before so that at least means I know of you, but I had to vote that way because I have no...oh skip it. I hate run on sentences.

eileenbunny said:
I voted, and it's not that I don't know you, I mean I don't know you cause I've never met you, but I've seen you post before so that at least means I know of you, but I had to vote that way because I have no...oh skip it. I hate run on sentences.

yeah. what she (tried to) say. :)

eileenbunny said:
haha, well 5 people have voted that so far. :lol:

Heard about it... hell, NPR did an article on it. I think I might even have an install binary saved someplace. Never installed it though... the voices in my head are better.

itburnswhenipee said:
Heard about it... hell, NPR did an article on it. I think I might even have an install binary saved someplace. Never installed it though... the voices in my head are better.
I'm bipolar and know all about crazy time. :(

I don't use it...although I do have a mic built into my webcam. I don't see the benefit for me however since I have VOIP for $25/month and I can call anyone in the US or Canada under my plan.

VOIP phone 2 phone > PC 2 PC

Work pays for my cell phone so I use the hell out of it. Who uses land lines for long distance anymore? I'm willing to give Skype a try. Can it do a party line?

Is Skype some new age "call over the internet" gig?

I used Dialpad (back when it was free, it has since been purchased by Yahoo) years ago to prank call people when Caller ID and *69 was all the rage. It was a great feeling to call people at 3am until they answered the phone, ask if their refrigerator was running, then hang up without any fear of being tracked or reprisal.

Last edited:
KNYTE said:
Is Skype some new age "call over the internet" gig?

I used Dialpad (back when it was free, it has since been purchased by Yahoo) years ago to prank call people when Caller ID and *69 was all the rage. It was a great feeling to call people at 3am until they answered the phone, ask if their refrigerator was running, then hang up without any fear of being tracked or reprisal.
:lol: I did the same thing. Damn, those were good times. :)