Skinning Banned in Georgia

new york restaurants and bars have been smoke free for a while now. it's so much nicer to be able to go out and enjoy yourself without coming home reeking of smoke.

I actually found this law to be rather amusing. I'm just sorta curious if all my friends that have been wanting to quit smoking for years will be able to succeed now. :)

taeric said:
I actually found this law to be rather amusing. I'm just sorta curious if all my friends that have been wanting to quit smoking for years will be able to succeed now. :)
where i used to live, much further upstate in ny, it would get to -30, -45 in the wintertime. never stopped the smokers from going outside, even with no tents/heaters/etc. the ban didn't do anything for their addiction.

F33nX said:
where i used to live, much further upstate in ny, it would get to -30, -45 in the wintertime. never stopped the smokers from going outside, even with no tents/heaters/etc. the ban didn't do anything for their addiction.

I think that cracks me up even more. Hard to claim you don't have an addiction when you put up with that.

I'm not so sure what is wrong with having a few addictions, though.

taeric said:

They will probably get all bitchy like my officemates.

I actually have to come in a hour early tomorrow to help the smokers load equipment to take to Atlanta because they are weak and may have one set of functioning lungs between all of them. The real irony is they pick on me for going to the gym during lunch but then they have to have me come in and pick stuff up for them.

b_sinning said:
They will probably get all bitchy like my officemates.

I actually have to come in a hour early tomorrow to help the smokers load equipment to take to Atlanta because they are weak and may have one set of functioning lungs between all of them. The real irony is they pick on me for going to the gym during lunch but then they have to have me come in and pick stuff up for them.

They actually give you crap for going to the gym? Now that is amusing. Do you give them crap for being smokers?

Speaking of going to the gym.... I tried jogging again this morning. It is pathetic how far I've fallen in my meager workout abilities.

F33nX said:
I find that fucking hilarious :lol:

Nothing sadder than a group of portly 45 year old men who wheeze from the walk to the bathroom, standing around shivering in the freezing rain puffing away on soggy cigarettes. :fly

taeric said:
They actually give you crap for going to the gym? Now that is amusing. Do you give them crap for being smokers?

Speaking of going to the gym.... I tried jogging again this morning. It is pathetic how far I've fallen in my meager workout abilities.

Jogging is hard to get back into. I go to the gym to help prevent me from going Postal on everyone. I'm happy that I've finally hit my target weight now If I can hold it and drop body fat %.

The government has no busniess telling private businesses who their customers base should be. If a restaurant wants to be smoke free then let em. If they want to serve smokers they should be allowed to, it's their business. And if you don't want to smell smoke then don't go to a place where you know everyone is smoking. If you don't like how a company operates, then don't give em your business. If a company losses $ they will change on their own accord or they will go out of business.

Pandora said:
The government has no busniess telling private businesses who their customers base should be. If a restaurant wants to be smoke free then let em. If they want to serve smokers they should be allowed to, it's their business. And if you don't want to smell smoke then don't go to a place where you know everyone is smoking. If you don't like how a company operates, then don't give em your business. If a company losses $ they will change on their own accord or they will go out of business.

i'd say 99.999% of the establishments up here have significantly increased their profits with this ban in effect.