Halp Sirius Satellite XM radio and why I might be going senile

Duke

. . first name's "Daisy" boys
May 12, 2008
Brandon, FL
Marklar
₥36,350
So, when you buy a new car, anymore, it seems like all of them include a satellite XM receiver and free 6 months of Sirius radio. Cool, right?

Well, when I started playing with it, I was very dissappointed. I was only getting 4 or so channels per band, with some, as I scrolled through the preset button, coming up as 'invalid channel'. My reaction 'Seriously, you want me to buy this service? It sucks.'. I figured either 1) serious has shit for channels, or 2) The 'free' package was severely inhibited and didn't give you all the advantages of the larger channels.

Yeah, I hear what you are thinking now.

Fast forward to Sunday, when, for some fucking reason, logic stepped in. Not sure how I lived in denial for 2 1/2 months. It's not like (the key logical step I somehow fucking missed) that the Sirius Bands work differently than, say, the FM bands, on my car.

I finally realized that the problem with my Sirius was totally pebcaw. I was only using the scroll buttons on the steering wheel to cycle through the stations, without thinking that maybe, just maybe, LIKE I HAD TO DO ON MY FM BANDS, I might just have to manually scan through the channels of the SatRadio and set my presets....

I'm going fucking senile.

All of that leads up to how god awesome satellite radio is. No commercials, just pure content. Their Electric Avenue and Lithium stations are flat out awesome. CNN radio, ESPN radio... God. It's all there.

It's amazing how much in life I could really enjoy if I wasn't such a god damned retard.

I hated satellite radio. Even on the 60's stations and in the trance stations they still had MCs hocking shit. They talked over every 3 songs and it was really annoying. If Sirius wanted to save some money (and of course they do) fire all of their shit DJs. Just fire up iTunes playlist and hit Play and walk away for a year or two.

And the music choices are shit. Seriously listening to the 60's station they must have picked the B sides for every well known performer and the "good" stuff from people that were almost indie artists. nothing was recognizable.

And it's expensive. I would rather have streaming audio from Pandora and pay the bit more to have EXACTLY the song I want when I want it without any DJs whatsoever for CHEAPER than satellite.

I wonder if anyone actually pays the full price for the service. After my 6 months was done they offered me another 6 months for $15. When that finished I cancelled and they gave me the same deal again. I've been on the same one over and over for a few years now.

POtqh.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if anyone actually pays the full price for the service. After my 6 months was done they offered me another 6 months for $15. When that finished I cancelled and they gave me the same deal again. I've been on the same one over and over for a few years now.

ooooh. I'll be keeping my eyes out for that.