Always shouts out something obscene
Sep 30, 2004
Uranus
Marklar
₥51,275
Steam
heyfubuddy
Slashdot said:
Sir Paul McCartney has a side project called The Fireman and he's just released their new album, Electric Arguments, as a digital download. Why this is of interest to this community is that he released it 100% DRM-free. You can purchase just the digital files, or if you purchase a physical CD or vinyl copy, you are also given access to the digital download. Not only that, but the download is available in 320-kbps MP3, Apple Lossless, or even FLAC format. If you're interested in trying before you buy, you can listen to the entire album in a Flash player on the main page of the site.

The site is here: http://www.thefiremanmusic.com/

The players on the right. Listening now, its not too bad.
Its nice to see a big name artist do a release like this.

I can't argue with that sentiment there. I was wondering wtf he was thinking. Seriously, if your going to pay out the ass for a divorce settlement, at least find a chick with both legs.

Musicians that start their own record label could take a lesson from him. Apple records gave groups that were outside the norm a chance to get a record deal and major label backing.

He just did this in case Michael Jackson gets money again and tries to buy the rights to more of his music.

He's pretty much sold all the rights off to Sony at this point. This is why you're seeing more Beatles licensing over the last couple years.

As for the OP, Paul did this to some extent on his last solo album. It was available first on eMusic and that's all 192kbps VBR MP3s. I like this idea better. I wish more places would offer FLAC and allow me to transcode as I wish while maintaining a master copy.

He's pretty much sold all the rights off to Sony at this point. This is why you're seeing more Beatles licensing over the last couple years.

As for the OP, Paul did this to some extent on his last solo album. It was available first on eMusic and that's all 192kbps VBR MP3s. I like this idea better. I wish more places would offer FLAC and allow me to transcode as I wish while maintaining a master copy.

I assume by he you mean Micheal Jackson. I would have loved to have seen Sir Paul get the Beatles' discography. :(