sink ideas...

S

smileynev

... in the next few months I'm going to be finishing off a bathroom on the main leve of our house. Its a half bath, toilet and sink. Its a small room so I'm looking at a space saving sink of the most part. I like the look of vessel sinks, the kind that sits on the countertop. We were thinking pedestal sink, too, but it looks like the install on something like that might be a bitch. Then I got to thinking about all the little smileynevs running around and dirtying things up, so I figure it needs to be durable and functional.

Any input/ ideas on what to do?

smileynev said:
Thats the style I like. The only problem with that is that you have to rerun the plumbing. Right now its roughed in for a standard vanity style sink and faucet system.

aawwww shit! :( If it's just roughed in though, it wouldn't take a whole lot to change it over to accomodate that style of sink would it?

BigDov said:
aawwww shit! :( If it's just roughed in though, it wouldn't take a whole lot to change it over to accomodate that style of sink would it?

No, not really. I would probably hire out for that work though.

BigDov said:
I say go for it...... but that's just my worthless opinion ;)

The other problem is that I don't know if those fancy sinks fit our style. I mean, I like the look of them, but we're not fancy people.

You should fit it up with an outdoor spigot with a long garden hose and a drain in the floor. That way it's cheap and doubles as the sink, shower, and toilet.

We redid our bathroom and put in a pedastal sink. I don't think it was to bad to put in and its very nice.
Before (Bathroom was slightly unfinished when we moved in).
house27.jpg

After
IMG_0448.jpg

My kitty loves the new sink.
IMG_0459.jpg

pedestal sinks look cool, but its a bitch when you need to set stuff on a counter.