Since when do people have their trees pruned in February?

HifiGirly

Half-staff Member
Nov 16, 2004
Ohio
Marklar
₥0
So I had a really cruddy nights sleep since my husband is sick. I decided to take a nap before I go to working, since I get pretty sleepy being pregnant and all. I tried to take a nap earlier but couldn't sleep. Now I am good an sleepy and the stupid people across the street are having there trees trimmed. Arg, it's February, wtf?
Note that it is snowing. :mad:
IMG_0823.jpg

If my understanding is correct they don't want to prune trees in the spring when the sap is running, so winter would be the better time. At least that's what someone told me several years ago.

woah, that was like reading the manual for a memory card reader.

BTW, go burn the trees down for them.

DW said:
If my understanding is correct they don't want to prune trees in the spring when the sap is running, so winter would be the better time. At least that's what someone told me several years ago.

They should do it in the fall then.

Coqui said:
Keep in mind people are also getting rid of fallen trees and branches from the storms

No they aren't. We've had no major storms recently and when I am not listening to the truck I am listening to chain saws. :rolleyes:

I'm starting all the prep work on my yard. Of course it's not snowing here and it's been 60 - 70s F, All week. It's so nice outside. I need to hurry up and get a soil test done on my backyard so I can start tilling it and preping it to plant some grass when the soil warms up some more.