Since most people don't bother to read the instructions

Coqui

Piccolo Pete
Oct 14, 2004
Columbus, OH
Marklar
₥3,593
Federal Telephone excise tax was implemented to fund the Spanish American War. It was finally repealed.

If you paid for long distance service on your telephone, you are able to claim the credit for that.

Standard amount method. Consumers may elect a pre-determined credit, based on the number of dependents claimed on their returns. The amounts of the credit will range from $30 to $60 and be $30 for a person filing a return with one exemption, $40 for two exemptions, $50 for three exemptions and $60 for four or more exemptions.

If you have all your telephone bills, or if you feel like it, you can contact your telephone company to get the exact amount. If you do an exact amount, there's another form you'll need to get and fill out.

This is on line 71 of your 1040 Form.

For content, post any additional items you know people overlook when filing their taxes.

Wow, this thread even sounds like a scam.

You can deduct expenses related to education or research on investments. Too much fine print to type out the exact methodology for this thread; it is in the instruction manual though.

i still have a land line.

how do you verify if this is accurate or not? i was told about this from someone else.

i still have a land line.

how do you verify if this is accurate or not? i was told about this from someone else.

I heard about it on the radio this morning

what if you no longer have a landline but paid for one for a number of years?

Being serious, everyone I know with a company phone are under inflexable rules about it's use and constantly on call so...

As you climb the food chain those inflexable rules start disappearing. Perks are nice but we don't get any like that in the public sector.

My dad's company bought him a car (they own it) but they put gas in it, and he can drive it anywhere, anytime no questions asked. They also pay for maintenance and repairs as necessary. Cell for him and my mom for free, they built a 3200 sq. ft. town home for him to live in (they own that too) where he lives rent/bill free.

This was the package plus salary and benefits they offered to convince him to move to West Virginia for 2 years. But yeah, they made him move to West Virginia so I doubt it was all worth it.

If you claim credits on your tax return, you are a communist. The government needs our money to fund freedom.