Sick, Sick Man...

That's some creepy stuff... of course, our local news has been inundated with this since most of the action is going down a state over. Sad, sad story.

Of course, there will be some hot-shot liberal bleeding heart fuck of an attorney doing his damndest to keep that wack job from burning like he should, years of appeals, and then when they finally do kill the prick, candlelight vigils outside the prison, because you can clearly see by the quality of his blog posts, that he truly was living for God.

BigDov said:
That's some creepy stuff... of course, our local news has been inundated with this since most of the action is going down a state over. Sad, sad story.

Of course, there will be some hot-shot liberal bleeding heart fuck of an attorney doing his damndest to keep that wack job from burning like he should, years of appeals, and then when they finally do kill the prick, candlelight vigils outside the prison, because you can clearly see by the quality of his blog posts, that he truly was living for God.
Its an attorney's job.

BigDov said:
I understand that, but in a fairly cut and dried case like this, save the taxpayers some money and just dip into the slush fund for a few bucks and buy a box of ammo. It's way quicker.

Agreed

BigDov said:
I understand that, but in a fairly cut and dried case like this, save the taxpayers some money and just dip into the slush fund for a few bucks and buy a box of ammo. It's way quicker.

I agree.

But in defense of my own field, law is literally all this country is. Without it we are nothing. And it's extremely hard to preserve our constitutional ideals by being a defense attorney. These are people who defend the dregs of our society, often after unspeakable crimes, and their lives are miserable. How do you stick up for a piece of scum like that, for no other reason than if you don't this isn't America anymore? It's an issue of principle.

The turnover for defense attorneys is extremely high. And I'm not talking about high-dollar white collar defense attorneys, or those hired by accused celebrities. I'm talking about the guys who make $50,000 a year to represent people like this fellow in the article. Court-appointed defense counsel.

Granted he could land a private one who just wants to be on t.v., but that's not the point of what I'm saying. Everyone in this country deserves the best lawyer possible, no matter what. It's what makes this America. If that ever changes we are all fucked.

It's hard to understand, but if a person slaughters 500 mentally-handicapped children they still deserve the best representation possible. Not because of who they are, but because of where they are.

/legal rant for the day