GAY Should we "cure the gay?" (also, ape is dum)

Finally, someone looking at this as it should be looked at.

My argument is not if it should be mandatory. My argument is should it be studied and looked at as a solution? As you can see, even the mere suggestion of such puts some into an unrealistic tizzy.

As I said, I am in no way advocating a forced eugenics program. But if tomorrow, PHDs came out and said 'We have developed this', the reaction would be hostile, violent, and hateful. Probably by both sides since the ultra conservatives have issues with doing anything in vitro.

See, I took you at face value on this and tried to discuss it with you like 20 pages ago, but you ignored me. I think people would resent you saying that having gay people in the world is a problem that needs a solution. I could just as easily say that religion is a problem that needs a solution because that's where all the gay hate seems to spring from.

So, you are comparing what a woman in today's society deals with with what a homosexual in today's society deals with?

Choosing a mate, what what I understand of things now, isn't a guarantee. latent versus dominate genetic traits, it's unknown which would appear until after conception.

People abort children today if they find them to have a condition which will cause a lowered quality of life. I totally know that is going to be taken the wrong way, so I'll just laugh about it now and ignore it when they do. Would I do it? Depends on the condition. If my child was found to have massive encephalitis, or is severely deformed, I would 100% at least consider the option. Other things, maybe not so much.

But trying to compare aborting the child, to simply making a in vitro modification to fix the child, is a pretty big stretch, and is NOT what I am inferring. That would insinuate that I am in favor of genetic testing for the 'gay gene' and support aborting if it is found, which was NEVER ever put forth by me. The entire discussion was all about an in-vitro genetic repair.

I'm wondering how dangerous this in-vitro repair would be to the fetus. Since in-vitro genetic testing in itself is dangerous and ends in a miscarriage like 1 out of 100 times is it really even worth the risk? I guess we are talking about a world in which this technology is better?

been stated here as well. 2% homosexual. 2.8% bisexual on top of that (no pun intended), with most of that second number being women.

I'm not sure that statistic is correct.

Speaking of gays, has anyone read shawndavid's post about the topic on Facebook recently? Good stuffs. :lol:
ShawnDavid said:
Interracial marriage wasn't legalized until the late 60s. Imagine how it would go over today if Wendy's contributed millions to an organization the purpose of which was to undermine that civil right. Today's argument is really simple. Unless you're fucking stupid. And yes, I'm calling you people in support of this ridiculous quest stupid. Ignorant. Immature. Immoral. Yes. Immoral. And downright hurtful. Jesus - if he actually ever existed in the form you conceive - wouldn't want anything to do with you. And then you justify your pack behavior with cheeky quotes about how delicious the chicken is. Grow up. You're mocking people's lives. Their inability to live on an even keel. Their pursuit of happiness. Do you in your heart believe that gay people are subhuman? You take your kids to have a chicken sandwich and stand tall on your fucking pedestal. Show some support for Chik Fil A. Way to go. Propagate another generation of hatred and intolerance. Show your kids it's ok to support the subjugation of their peers and their peers parents. Gay kids are afraid to come out because of you. Gay kids kill themselves because of you. You have shown them that they are not equal. We shudder at the Colorado theater killer, but people like you are the cause for more suicides and emotional pain than that kid could ever imagine. He's nuts. His flame will burn out. But you're sane. And your hate persists. You're the voice of reason. A respected elder in your church. There are PSAs in place to teach your children the ills of bullying. Now we know from whom they learned their craft. So go make some more snarky comments about crispy waffle fries and pretend you're a good person. And then think about the role you played the next time some closeted kid offs himself after being bullied. /rant

the most profitable point of this thread is recognizing dbzeag as a mature, respectful, respectful debater. the gold goes to dave for having strong questions, opinions, and suggestions WITHOUT being critical, disrespectful, or derogatory. :clap:

this is MY point: it's not about sexual preference, it's not about a fast food joint, it's not about a religious identity...human beings have this SAME argument with DIFFERENT names and ideas ALL.THE.TIME. and it's because people like to think that giving their opinions allows them to call names and/or be degrading to other people with differing opinions/perspectives. this AUTOMATICALLY conjures up defensiveness in the opposite opinion-holders...and then it's downhill from there.

in order to MAKE PROGRESS, PEOPLE need to STOP being HATEFUL to people with differing opinions and perspectives. HAVING AN OPINION DOES NOT ENTITLE YOU TO BE AN ASS TO OTHERS.

this "chick-fil-A OR GAY" war should be a willing martyr and good example of TOLERANCE (or lack of), RESPECT (or lack of), and PROGRESS (or lack of).

I DON'T CARE WHAT SIDE YOU'RE ON OF WHATEVER ARGUMENT/DEBATE -- YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR HOW YOU PRESENT YOUR OPINION.

I care very much what side of the argument your on. If you don't think everyone should have equal rights, then you deserve everything bad you get.

Duke has stated on numerous occasions he supports equal rights.

Whether or not I'd class equal rights as people being able to choose to 'get rid' of it in vitro is another kettle of fish.

It wasn't aimed particularly at anyone. Though what Duke claims and what Duke actually believes, may or may not be aligned.