should plax do time?

missing my point entirely...remove the person and insert no name man on the street...the law is unduly harsh...he didn't commit a crime against anyone and he's being treated the same as if he has

I agree with the law being harsh but you can't give the public people breaks and not the nobody person. I think public figures especially people that other people may look up to should be held to higher standards. Athletes get compensated very well and they are paid for not only their skills at a game but also their image on which merchandise is sold.

missing my point entirely...remove the person and insert no name man on the street...the law is unduly harsh...he didn't commit a crime against anyone and he's being treated the same as if he has
he was carrying an unregistered handgun (1) in a bar (2) without a permit (3). that should ALWAYS be illegal and should carry a harsh sentence. famous or not. the shit is dangerous and dumb.

again, I'm not concerned with the individual, it's the punishment for the crime...is he guilty? yes...is he an idiot for the whole scenario? certainly...does the punishment fit the crime? hell no

again, I'm not concerned with the individual, it's the punishment for the crime...is he guilty? yes...is he an idiot for the whole scenario? certainly...does the punishment fit the crime? hell no
yes it does. if there isn't a steep penalty for carrying unregistered handguns in public then you have to wait for someone to use it. not a good idea.

This goes to gunlaws in general being harsh. Most often the only people who follow gun laws are the ones who aren't going to go out and do something stupid with the guns. You have to consider laws are usually written to accomodate the lowest common denominator. Kind of like how Al Capone got pinched on tax evasion, many gang members and bad guys get pinched on simple gun charges. You have to ask yourself how many law-abiding, trouble avoiding individuals are going to conceal carry an illegal firearm...

This goes to gunlaws in general being harsh. Most often the only people who follow gun laws are the ones who aren't going to go out and do something stupid with the guns. You have to consider laws are usually written to accomodate the lowest common denominator. Kind of like how Al Capone got pinched on tax evasion, many gang members and bad guys get pinched on simple gun charges. You have to ask yourself how many law-abiding, trouble avoiding individuals are going to conceal carry an illegal firearm...

Besides Kynte?

stupidity deserves it's own reward. saftey on and proper gun equittee(sp?)
I see nothing wrong with legally carrying a concealed weapon and wearing it into a club but unregistered and no safety on...fuck that send his dumb ass up the river

He committed a crime against anyone that was near him the whole time he was carrying, by putting them in potential danger. It was not legal for him to do so, and it was extremely irresponsible of him to have it go off accidentally. It could just as easily shot someone else.