should plax do time?

JAXvillain

Curly_Sue
Oct 13, 2004
Marklar
₥0
everyone here knows I'm no fan of guns but mayor Bloomberg of NYC is saying Plaxico Burress should get the book thrown at him for his gun charge this weekend...for those not familiar, plax is a WR for the giants and he shot himself clean through the thigh with his own gun accidentally while out at a club on friday...they are charging him with 2 counts that are 3 1/2 years each...I could understand if he pulled the gun on someone but to charge the guy for 7 years jailtime for accidentally shooting himself in the leg is blatantly retarded imo

my opinion wouldn't change if this happened to someone not in the nfl...the punishment does not fit the crime regardless

thoughts?

He had a gun at a club. He's a big football player. He should be able to protect himself just fine without a gun. Hire a body guard. Punish him the same as anyone else. Well, maybe a little more for stupidity.

I think he should do time. It sucks he shot himself accidentally, but what if it would have been someone else - he'd be facing much more serious charges.

I still never understand when Pros get themselves into trouble like this. If I was making millions my ass would be sitting at home everynight staying out of trouble. If I did want to do something I would bring the party to me.

Unregistered, concealed weapon. Discharge of a weapon in public. seems pretty cut and dry. Treat him no differently.

He's also been a point scorer for a guy I'm going up against in my Fantasy Football money league, so even better.

Isn't that what a safety switch is for? :lol: or did his pistol not have one. But if what has been reported on is true with unregistered weapon and other issues, fuck yeah do the crime, do the time.

I wonder type of dumbass clause they include in these guys contracts. Something that requires them to return bonuses if they get busted for being stupid.

Here's a better idea, don't go out to clubs where you might have trouble.

that's what Rome was saying yesterday... if you're AT a place that you NEED a gun, maybe you shouldn't be there.

my trainer was tellin me that it wasn't even a thug spot though.

but then he lied, right? said he was at applebees?? (well, according to TMZ :fly:)

I wonder type of dumbass clause they include in these guys contracts. Something that requires them to return bonuses if they get busted for being stupid.

Pretty sure Vick had to pay back bonuses when he went to jail