Advice Should OOD go back to school?

What should OOD do? Select all that apply.

• Get the Associate in Arts

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Get the Associate in Computer Tech

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Neither. Associate degrees are worthless

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Neither. All forms of higher education are worthless

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You will regret the arts ass. paper if you don't approach it full on . It's something you have to put in practice time on your own and that isn;t taught , it has to come from you .
Be like @wetwille , pursue everything , build your own everything , buttress everything .

You will regret the arts ass. paper if you don't approach it full on . It's something you have to put in practice time on your own and that isn;t taught , it has to come from you .
Be like @wetwille , pursue everything , build your own everything , buttress everything .
Unless you wish to pursue a life cloistered in academia. Go full professor. Bang matriculated students. Publish.

But remember to get tenure before you get caught.

I've decided on the Associate in Art. It seems like a bachelor degree is the standard level of education for a large portion of computer science jobs. I'm pretty sure the math required for a B.S. in Computer science would kick my abs.

I've started working on code on my own, but in the chance that I one day start moving toward a bachelor degree it will likely be in sociology. I've never look into sociology much until recently. It seems to be a degree that looks good for most any job dealing with people.

One step at a time though. For now I'm just worried about that A.A. My state is pretty good about transfer programs.

I've decided on the Associate in Art. It seems like a bachelor degree is the standard level of education for a large portion of computer science jobs. I'm pretty sure the math required for a B.S. in Computer science would kick my abs.

I've started working on code on my own, but in the chance that I one day start moving toward a bachelor degree it will likely be in sociology. I've never look into sociology much until recently. It seems to be a degree that looks good for most any job dealing with people.

One step at a time though. For now I'm just worried about that A.A. My state is pretty good about transfer programs.

Try and stay out of jail please , we like you .

Not sure if you are thinking that an associate in art means I would be painting pictures and sculpting clay but it doesn't. It's basically the general education half of a bachelor degree.

It's a requirement for a lot of jobs that deal with anything more than flipping burgers. I could easily make more than the bottom ten percent of teacher salaries with an A.A. It opens the doors for a lot of jobs dealing with organizations and state jobs. In a lot of clerical positions it would give me an edge over applicants with just a high school diploma. Most jobs that require an associate degree offer more than double minimum wage with benefits. I could land a decent job without it, but having it would increase my opportunities and make me less hesitant to quit a crappy job for fear of never finding anything better.

As with any degree though, you are right. There is defiantly a need for hustle In our competitive economy. A degree doesn't guaranty employment because they are passive. They have to be applied with drive and determination.

[Appendix: I could make way more with a trade, but I would not be very happy working in a trade. I'd rather make less and be happier. And have Christmas off to spend with my family besides sitting in a stranger's bathroom covered in shit. I could also work for myself but my current skills would mostly only help me out in things I'm not very interested in.]

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
Not sure if you are thinking that an associate in art means I would be painting pictures and sculpting clay but it doesn't. It's basically the general education half of a bachelor degree.

It's a requirement for a lot of jobs that deal with anything more than flipping burgers. I could easily make more than the bottom ten percent of teacher salaries with an A.A. It opens the doors for a lot of jobs dealing with organizations and state jobs. In a lot of clerical positions it would give me an edge over applicants with just a high school diploma. Most jobs that require an associate degree offer more than double minimum wage with benefits. I could land a decent job without it, but having it would increase my opportunities and make me less hesitant to quit a crappy job for fear of never finding anything better.

As with any degree though, you are right. There is defiantly a need for hustle In our competitive economy. A degree doesn't guaranty employment because they are passive. They have to be applied with drive and determination.

[Appendix: I could make way more with a trade, but I would not be very happy working in a trade. I'd rather make less and be happier. And have Christmas off to spend with my family besides sitting in a stranger's bathroom covered in shit. I could also work for myself but my current skills would mostly only help me out in things I'm not very interested in.]

uh whats your job history like..?

Last edited:
post some job

uh whats your job history like..?
With the SAHD gap it's effectively none. I went to college for a couple of years before dropping out. I worked one job for 3 years assigning parking spots for trucks, among many other things. I left that job when my wife got pregnant for a lest stressfull job at a printing company. I was only there about 4 months before becoming a stay at home dad, and I hadn't picked up any skills because I was at an entry level position. It was actually a descent financial decision considering what I was getting paid and how much day care costs.

Now I'm a part-time barista (coffee slinger). It's a pretty cool job but doesn't pay much.

I like this plan. Happy New Year! 💚✨🎉🎊🎇🎆🎈

Prison facial tattoos skeeze me out. Nothing says "fuck you and all squares" like covering your face in primitive green ink done by your prison bitch.

You would love the guy who owns the pest control company I hired. He looks like someone poured green goo and stuff onto his bald head and it ran down and covered him, except for his face. It’s like he has a tattoo green skin diving suit on.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and wetwillie
So I like to reboot about every 12 years - seems to be working.:p

How good are you at bullshitting?

Could put together a series of self-help guru type presentations and do motivational speaking seminars and stuff. Lot of people pay you good money to tell them they are special and how they can connect with their inner self and realize their true passion or whatever crap it is they want to hear.

Sociology, humanities, psychology classes may provide some insight but the field is mostly self-taught.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
You would love the guy who owns the pest control company I hired. He looks like someone poured green goo and stuff onto his bald head and it ran down and covered him, except for his face. It’s like he has a tattoo green skin diving suit on.
The chick (and a dude with a King James Bible in his hand) had the teardrop tattoos which signify a murder for each teardrop.
So what are we supposed to do with that? Welcome them into my taxi?

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant