Should New Orleans be rebuilt?

ChikkenNoodul said:
So they use actual plywood down there, not chipboard?

Most of the houses being built up here are using chipboard these days, even the nice ones.

I made sure my old one was built by someone that only used plywood.....

Honey we've got building codes that would shock you because of all the hurricanes. From straps to the preassure and load variables on the plywood and windows. They don't build 'em here like they did in NO. :fly:

Bubbles said:
Honey we've got building codes that would shock you because of all the hurricanes. From straps to the preassure and load variables on the plywood and windows. They don't build 'em here like they did in NO. :fly:
Impressive, NH had pretty strict codes as well - because of snow loading, deep freezes and thus insulation requirements.

Although it's just as cold where I have the house now, and I think all you have to do in my town is make someone vaguely aware you're building a house so they can sign the permit.

elpmis said:
looting.jpg

Yours is funnier than mine.

60a_BONOL.jpg

ChikkenNoodul said:
Impressive, NH had pretty strict codes as well - because of snow loading, deep freezes and thus insulation requirements.

Although it's just as cold where I have the house now, and I think all you have to do in my town is make someone vaguely aware you're building a house so they can sign the permit.

October first the state of Florida building codes are no longer in effect. We are switching to the International codes. Crazy strict.

Ha ha, what's funny is that I was going to post the Heineken one in this thread but the pic was too big for the uploader and I don't have access to any other hosts at work.