Should I pull the trigger on this (non-melodrama thread)

DirkPhoenix

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
Austin, Land of pot and...pot
www.jesustomars.com
Marklar
₥0
So i've been thinking about getting a new car. St. John (my 98 Mustang) is getting up there in miles, almost 120,000. After much haggling, here's the deal that I could get:

2005 RAM 1500 ST QUAD CAB(R) 4X4
Texas Edition (bigger tires, various and sundry other things)
5.7L HEMI
Automatic Transmission
Air Conditioning
Dark Slate Grey exterior

I'd get it for 23k after trade-in, TT&L.

Sounds like something I should do?

In before the "LOL THAT THING GOT A HEMI" post. :fly:

We get just under 12 MPG in our truck. If you drive a lot, I would pass. If not I have to say our 2003 Ram 1500 handles great, has a lot of pickup, and makes the women salivate.

DirkPhoenix said:
They don't offer a diesel for the 1500. Besides, diesel gas in Texas is about the same as regular unleaded (at least around Ft. Worth).

Thanks for the advice.
1. Diesel and gas are two different chemicals. No texan should ever confuse the two, you'll have rednecks clamoring up your balls for that one.

2. You get better fuel efficiency out of diesel. :p Either way, if you don't care about mileage then get the Hemi. But get a manual. :D

FlyNavy said:
1. Diesel and gas are two different chemicals. No texan should ever confuse the two, you'll have rednecks clamoring up your balls for that one.

2. You get better fuel efficiency out of diesel. :p Either way, if you don't care about mileage then get the Hemi. But get a manual. :D
Are there any 1500's with the hemi and a manual? (Besides the SRT-10) I didn't think there were....

FlyNavy said:

Forgive me, good Flynavy. I shall eat at a Rudy's Bar-B-Q and whup the shit out of a minority as penance.

As for a manual, we'll see if Randall Noe has any in stock. :fly:

ChikkenNoodul said:
Are there any 1500's with the hemi and a manual? (Besides the SRT-10) I didn't think there were....

I believe you have to get the automatic with the hemi.